DC Headcanons

Awwwwwwwww

4 Likes

Underrated DC friendships I want to see explored more
Oliver Queen and Clark Kent (think of the thematic potential)
Diana and Wally West (based solely on that one scene in JL where Wally unmasks and Diana fluffs his hair it’s real sweet)
I’d like to see John Stewart and Barry Allen and Wally West and Hal Jordan (we all know Any Green Lantern + Any Flash= delightful dynamic)
Shayera and Clark (my favorite funky little flying aliens)
Jimmy Olsen and Any Robin (preferably Dick bc he’s my fave and I think he and Jimmy would be besties)
Alfred and Clark
Clark and Any Robin (remember that episode of STAS where he impersonated Batman)
Clark Kent and Harvey Dent (Two-Face is my favorite Batman rogue and I think seeing his ideas of justice and morality clash with Clark’s would be facinating)

3 Likes

So I was reading this tumblr post about how DC has a bad habit of retconning character’s disabilities (which is a whole other conversation), and it mentioned a story where Booster Gold loses his arm. Which opens up some interesting story potential. Booster Gold struggling with body image issues, struggling with the fact that his disabled body is seen as less “marketable” that by existing he is harming The Booster Gold Brand, and he deals with the fallout of the corporate world throwing him out and Booster having to rebuild his self esteem and identity after everything he’s built his sense of self upon crumbles as soon as his bosses no longer think they can profit off of him.

The only downside I can see is it would make my superhero OC I wrote before I knew who Booster Gold was, a one-armed blond who wears turquoise and yellow and is kinda Bad at being a superhero but tries his best and is part of a team of misfit supers look like even more of a Booster Gold rip-off.

3 Likes

Look there are two very respectable ways DC can confirm Booster Gold and Blue Beetle’s relationship (they’re frankly just teasing us at this point)
Played for laughs: Booster and Beetle walk into a room in the morning having accidentally put on each other’s costumes, clearly having slept together the night before. The JLI stares in shock and there’s just like. “We have literally been together for three years did you not notice.”
Played for drama: Booster realizes he’s falling hard for his best friend and is scared to go public about his sexuality for fear of harming The Booster Gold Brand
Played for hijinks: Booster realizes he’s falling for Beetle, Beetle realizes he’s falling for Booster, the JLI embarks on a elaborate scheme to get them together, culminating in them getting lured to an Italian restaurants where they share a plate of spaghetti. And they have a Lady And The Tramp first kiss. Cut to JLI hiding in the bushes with binoculars, cheering wildly.

DC, you’re welcome, feel free to use any one of these

5 Likes

my favorite stas episode

3 Likes

DC bring back Helen Jordan

Barry: Hey, Hal, you said there was an emergency
Hal, emerging, wearing a plastic tiara: Damn right, we’re one member short of a tea party
Barry: Really.
Hal: Helen has decided a tea party legally needs 3 or more people to be considered valid
Barry: Are there scones
Hal: You bet your a** there are scones, Barry.

4 Likes

Concept: Justice League episode where they all switch bodies, like the great brain robbery but with the whole league. Discuss.

6 Likes

Bad. Body switching episodes work best with a small group to give more character focus.

3 Likes

I just watched two Rockumentary’s about CCR (Netflix) & Beastie Boys (Appletv) live stage show for Beasties,(remaining 2 Mike D. & Ad-Rock) also a Kiss one. But, just from that post, 2 of the bands u mentioned have amazing docs that just came out. CCR one is hosted by Jeff Daniels. It’s all about their never b4 seen concert at London’s Royal Albert Hall. They do a documentary about how they got there. Then show the entire concert for the first time ever!!! They nailed it!! Deep enough (career wise) where they had material to last until the last 3 songs. They did 3 covers to close. Probably only a year or so later (I’d imagine) they could’ve played 3 concerts of all originals w/o repeating one. I said I imagine b/c, obviously, John Fogerty & his brother imploded the band with their arguments. But they still have an unbelievable amount of amazing songs in the small amount of time they were together. John is one of the best songwriters ever!!! Even when he went solo he had a hit in every decade he wrote a song during lol. It didn’t mention the turmoil of the band once. Which I thought was cool!?!? Like, hey, here’s these guys, this is how they got to Royal Albert. Now let’s watch a killer concert!!

3 Likes

Ooh that sounds really cool what’s the name of the CCR documentary

2 Likes

Travelin Band: CCR at the Royal Albert Hall in London. So worth the watch. I actually cried when they played lol.

2 Likes

I have made a series of notes about the DCU, just so I can understand what’s going on. It seems that every day, I could make a new addition to the notes (and they are very much a work in progress.) My question is: would anyone at DC be interested in seeing them? I know that DC is not accepting unsolicited contributions, but since there seems to be some interest in developing a “DC bible,” so to speak, I thought I would see if anyone would be interested.

3 Likes

Sounds cool, and welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Thanks! I was trying to understand what it is, that’s unique about the DCU, how DC differs from Marvel, and what kind of opportunities might exist for DC, even within the material that is already published. It is only with time that I have begun to understand what a tall order that is. I admittedly made use of internet resources (often copying them, as that is faster than reading a whole entry, trying to digest it down to what interests me, and then re-wording that for my own entry.) But along the way, I had a few of my own…let’s call them…extrapolations, based on what I had learned.

3 Likes

i think that dick likes to force his brothers to go on ‘family bonding trips’ and at some point during each one jason starts a bar fight, damian just straight up leaves and goes back to gotham no matter where they are in the world, and some near-death situation happens that causes tim to almost die, and the trip just gets called off early

5 Likes

Jimmy Olsen decides to make a Daily Planet tiktok and makes all his coworkers do little videoes. Clark is incredibly awkward on camera but he tries his best. There’s a running joke of Jimmy trying and failing to film Perry White without him noticing

5 Likes

It was revealed that Batman at one point in the comics had Jewish heritage form his mother’s side

4 Likes

Yep! I’m dying to see DC acknowledge his heritage in some way. Same thing for Hal Jordan (also has a Jewish mother) and Clark Kent (never confirmed as explicitly Jewish, but heavily coded as such throughout his history). Sidenote, but Hal’s dad is Catholic, which is interesting bc he’s a very structurally Catholic character if that makes sense. His stories tend to include lots of themes of sin and redemption and rebirth and grappling with cosmic guilt.

4 Likes

There was a somewhat recent (new 52/ early Rebirth?) holiday issue that had Kate Kane celebrating Hanukkah, so that’s consistent with Martha’s family being Jewish. Bruce seems to celebrate Christmas, so Thomas was either Christian or the Wayne’s just decided to celebrate Christmas.

5 Likes

Ranking the JL members on their dancing abilities (JLU lineup)
7. Clark. Dances like a dad. Also, very large and sometimes forgets the amount of space his body takes up.
6. Diana. She tries her best but is just. Not Good.
5. Bruce Wayne. Literally no one sees it coming, but he’s had to take a bunch of ballroom dancing classes for Wayne Family Galas. Unfortunately, no one’s ever seen him dance when not at a public event.
4. John Stewart. He’s not a flashy dancer, but he’s very smooth and dignified. Relies heavily on tasteful head-nodding
3. Shayera. A slightly better dancer than John, mostly because she has no shame about looking stupid because no one has the guts to make fun of her.
2. Wally West. Look, he needs to be coordinated and have pretty good control over his body to do, like ANYTHING he does.

1. J’onn J’onzz: more like Martian DANCEHUNTER AMIRIGHT??? (lego batman is so great)
2 Likes