DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #85 - Doom Patrol! April 2 - 9, 2022

I finished

6 Likes

@NYJt3 thanks! that’s a really cool effect you got in the rainbow! and i see Danny’s quoting you :laughing:

@KingsharkDp4vr Cliff looks great!

3 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

I have no idea what you mean :wink::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@biff_pow - Beardhunter! So cool (yet so gross)! Great addition for this week.

@NYJt3 - very cool! The tiny versions of the Doom Patrol look great sitting in the ambulance!

@KingsharkDp4vr - Very nice Cliff! You’re getting the hang of the digital program quickly!

4 Likes

Don’t think I’ll have time to submit a new piece, but here is one I did over the holiday season as a gift for my brother in law, recreating the classic Doom Patrol #89 cover.

7 Likes

Here’s a drawing I did a few years ago when I had an idea for a new team adding Man-Bat, Beast Boy, Solomon Grundy, Swamp Thing and Cheetah to the roster.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Both look awesome™:+1:.
Interesting new line up but they definitely seem like they’ll fit in.

3 Likes

Dude, this reminds me of “The Great Space Coaster” Great color work!

2 Likes

Very nicely done!

2 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks! I do love drawing with negative space as I like how it tricks your brain into completing the picture. It is difficult to reverse what I see and draw dark but leave light as lines from reference. I do like how it turns out

2 Likes

Great job! I like the fun in this drawing they are having and I get the sense of motion even with the static sketch.

2 Likes

Thanks! Drawing the opposite was a challenge but it really came out well

3 Likes

Good job! I like the ambition to capture as many characters as possible. I am a pencil and paper artist myself and enjoy the look. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Thanks! I was most worried about the fur look because it is mostly white and getting the textures right can be difficult.

3 Likes

Lol! I love the humor in this and a ZZTop shirt? I just got done watching BTTF part three with my oldest last weekend and love when they do their instruments flip. Great job!

3 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes