DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #80 - Crime Syndicate! February 26 - March 5 , 2022

Did you catch his recent livestream? He drew an awesome Bat/Cat pic based on the new movie designs (which might be good reference for next week :wink:) and he made it all look so easy.

5 Likes

His helmet felt wrong no matter what I did. :joy: I’m seeing The Batman on the 3rd of March, so I’m excited for the next challenge!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I try to watch them all when I can. This week’s (today) was the second part and He said maybe Thursday he will finish it up. His techniques are just no where as easy as he makes them out to be. His vision for what he is drawing and how it will be in the final stages are amazing. Like, he thinks it and it just happens and ends up perfect.

4 Likes

I have been so lucky to get this Earth-3 movie poster from the number one movie of all time: Power Ring!!!
It starred the amazing Reynold Ryans in the title role and not only did it become the highest grossing movie of all time but it also won the Pierce in all categories. There have been some who say this was due to behind the scenes bribery and intimidation but not…hey, what are you doing?….

By the way here is the Earth Prime version:

11 Likes

Lmao!! Love what you did there! Great reproduction and the slight changes made it even cooler!

5 Likes

Here it is.
I made Owl man, but I tried to keep it plain-ish in coloring and kept everything completely symmetrical.

I can’t draw legs.

10 Likes

Looks real good. The color scheme is just roght for owl man

5 Likes

Really great idea for Power Ring! You’ve got that Ryan Reynolds smirk down just right.

I don’t wish to live on a world of villains, but I do wish we had a good GL movie :smile:

5 Likes

Who needs legs? That’s what the bottom of the page is for :+1:

Seriously, the lines here look great and that symmetry is hard to maintain. Well done!

7 Likes

I would have cropped it like usual, but I liked the hands too much :sweat_smile:
As for the symmetry, I kinda cheated and used the symmetry tool in the app I use.

6 Likes

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1: Johnny.
Great pose and speed effects

@MichaelLakeArt
Looks awesome™:+1:.
A classic Bat pose for him. Nice.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
:laughing: looks awesome™:+1:.
Greta recreation with the poster…er I mean procuring if the post.

@the_Rubber_Bandit
Awesome™:+1:
Great colors and shading. Very dark tone. Great lines too.

4 Likes

I decided to recreate the Batman/Catwoman cover Earth 3 style with Owlman and Suoerwoman. Had fun with the watercolors on this one. Like the results a lot.

9 Likes

Thanks @NYJt3!

Your Superwoman/Owlman looks great. The watercolor effects on Owlman make him look shiny, translucent and just…fluid. Very nicely done!

5 Likes

That is super cool looking! Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

4 Likes

Slowly coming together and thought I would give a sneak peek at what I am working on for y’all.

8 Likes

These are all too good :sob:

5 Likes

@the_Rubber_Bandit – That’s an awesome Owl Man. Agreed; legs are overrated. (Looking at my Sea King legs crotch, I might do the same!) Especially love the bright white eyes in the dark subdued tones – nice touch!

@NYJt3 – very cool Mann & Morey homage - love the silverish tone for Owl Man. Great job!

@RobArt471 – magnificent as always - love the depth you’ve already built with his chest plate and musculature… and those neck veins! Such a cruel grimace – I love it! Be the best or be nothing at all.

5 Likes

Thanks! I am glad you liked that little sneak peek of what I am working on. The finish product will be much bigger and badder than this tiny corner I crop out here. Can’t wait to finish it and share the whole thing.

5 Likes