DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #80 - Crime Syndicate! February 26 - March 5 , 2022

Hi @DCFanArtClub! This week we are heading to Earth-3!

The Crime Syndicate are the evil counterparts to the Justice League on an earth where all roles are reversed. As with everything in comics, they have had several reboots over the years, but here are some of the highlights:

Any incarnation or design of Ultraman, Superwoman, Owlman, Johnny Quick, Power Ring or any of the other characters are eligible this week.

Due Date: March 5, 2022
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

7 Likes

I remember working at a comic shop when Forever Evil dropped. Not sure hoo I’ll draw this week. :owl:

4 Likes

Hmmmm…

6 Likes

:eyes:

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1:. Time to get Evil :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Didn’t take me long to find my hook.
Now to find the time to draw it…

6 Likes

Here’s my Owlman so far! Decided to take it easy and borrow Jim Lee’s iconic pose!

12 Likes

I like the Forever Evil Johnny Quick design. Lots of lightning and arrows!

I expanded my digital trickery here to get some Flash speed lines.

12 Likes

Wow! That was .,… wait for it…. quick!
I did start mine tonight and will continue tomorrow. Might be able to finish it then but don’t know

6 Likes

Thanks, yea, at this time of year, by Saturday afternoons are usually free and so I try and knock out the drawing right away.

I feel like I’m much faster than I was a year ago. :+1:

6 Likes

Nice details on the shading. And nice pose too. I try to do my own drawings quickly too, practicing for any future deadlines I may receive in the comic business.

5 Likes

All done with my Owlman piece! May do another one with a different pose later.

11 Likes

That expression is so him! The pose is just right cause with Quick all you see is his back! Great job!!

3 Likes

Digging the pose! I love me some Jim Lee, if you couldn’t tell by my heavily influenced style. Great job with this one!

5 Likes

Btw, you forgot to mention Ivan Reis’s run with them in Justice League. It was phenomenal!

From my personal collection:

5 Likes

Kinda digging on Deathstorm, but I am not sure who I shall try to draw. Kinda wish I didn’t do Cyborg so recently. Grid would have been cool, but too soon.

4 Likes

Appreciate it! Can wait to see yours!

4 Likes

Oh, I totally missed that! Deathstorm is awesome! I probably should have included Atomica on Johnny Quick’s shoulder too.

5 Likes

Very cool Owlman! I like what you did with the cape effects.

I did an Owlman profile pic last year and I know that mask is tricky to pull off from the side. Lots of weird angles. Looks great.

5 Likes

Thanks @MichaelLakeArt and @RobArt471!

David Finch always drew Johnny Quick with this huge mouth and toothy sinister smile. I was trying for a smug look with a big enough mouth that looks like it could hold all of those teeth.

I started with the eyebrow up a bit too, but that made him look too happy. A slight adjustment brought him back to sinister.

5 Likes