DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #78 - Black History Month! February 12 - 19, 2022

This is great! You are really becoming an expert with the watercolor backgrounds. It’s a beautiful blend of colors!

5 Likes

Sweet pose! Very nicely done!!

4 Likes

Awesome stuff!

5 Likes

Looks cool to me! The sword is definitely a Black Manta thing and fits him well.

5 Likes

Nicely done! Digging the black and white of course :laughing:

5 Likes

Great kinetic motion in this drawing! Great job!

4 Likes

Freaking awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

Yeah I really wanted to do something big and flowy with the cape so this came to mind.

5 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying the tool a lot. Especially for background.

4 Likes

4 Likes

For this week’s challenge, I initially considered drawing Diggle from Arrow all suited up as a Green Lantern, but I was worried this would break guidelines for having him appear in a costume he has never been in.
I then decided to draw a character I had never drawn before: Static Shock. I found his design extremely cool with different textures and I could make his coat like a cape like I like to draw. His hair was amazing to try to get just right and I had to figure out how to show his powers. I also continued to challenge myself by drawing an original pose and not just copy from an existing one( even if I started with the standard hero landing pose as reference and modified it).

12 Likes

Nice work! The lightning effects are pretty cool. Is that with eraser through the pencil smear?

6 Likes

Static! Very nice with the lightning :metal:

6 Likes

Awesome job! Really like the use of the eraser to create a type of negative space electricity effect. Kinda like when I use whiteout, but without all the mess. :laughing: The pose is great, but it is the hair that grabbed me. It looks so good. Really nice work!

6 Likes

I choose to do Cyborg since I have never drawn him before. Here ya go:

12 Likes

Oof… this is a treat to look at :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:.
Great textures.

4 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
The tech and hardware details are great.

4 Likes

Thanks!!

4 Likes