DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #78 - Black History Month! February 12 - 19, 2022

Banana sword reigns supreme! Yeees!

7 Likes

Nice work! Keep pushing yourself and soon you’ll just use that reference to make sure you’ve got the costume details correct.

BTW, I’m planning for a Gotham TV week mid-March, so keep those Fish Mooney references handy!

6 Likes

That’s a cute, yet menacing, Black Manta!

6 Likes

Nice work on Cyborg. You’re a big fan of Zack Snyder’s JL, huh? That movie did have some great designs and visuals.

6 Likes

Thank you cici! I just read the first issue of Far Sector yesterday, but now I’m reminded of this panel.

Uhhh, I hope she does fly. She’s a Green Lantern, she must fly!

FarSectorFly

7 Likes

Thanks! First time drawing him. I love ZSJL, though I’m open to a lot of other versions as well. Ive just been on a Snyderverse kick these days. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Smells like someone has a fear of heights? :eyes:
Idk I haven’t read it yet but now I’m intrigued!

5 Likes

I actually read some of Far Sector for the first time earlier tonight and I will say she can fly, it’s just harder for her for reasons that I won’t say for spoilers (plus there’s probably something I haven’t read yet).

Quick question – is it okay to potentially do multiple entries?

7 Likes

@the_Rubber_Bandit – You did a really great job emulating the style and likeness for both Karen and Aqualad! Chibbi Fish is super cute. :smiley:

@JKoco17 – Amazing job with the pose and facial expression! Makes you want to get out of her way!

@MichaelLakeArt – Great stuff! That design is super tough to draw, what with all the little pieces and moving parts, but you did a pretty good job of simplifying it while still keeping the likeness.

8 Likes

Thank you for the Far Sector info. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of it.
Also kind of glad my pic isn’t completely out of character :slight_smile:

And, yes, you can do multiple entries! There is no limit here, you can do as many as you’d like!

6 Likes

Okay, thanks. :slight_smile:

In that case, here’s a Static I did yesterday.

12 Likes

@the_Rubber_Bandit
Awesome™:+1: stuff.
Like the honey combs in Karen’s sweater. Great motion with Aqualad too. Fish and Manta are great as well

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1:.
Great action flight shot.

@MichaelLakeArt
Awesome™:+1:.
Great ZS Cyborg.

@Jay_Kay
Awesome™:+1: Static. Like the look of the lightning.

6 Likes

Made this piece of Jace on perched on the Empire State Building since he recently moved to New York. Had fun with one.

Made both a title and non title version.

13 Likes

This looks really good and I love the background :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
What medium did you use?

3 Likes

Great stuff everyone!!!

4 Likes

:smile: :smile: :bangbang: Great work here, and I love how you created motion by having his braids twist through the air! :zap:

@NYJt3 LOVE the silhouette shot on that B-Man. Jace looks nice and crisp along the sunset background!

@MichaelLakeArt Always a big fan of how you craft through the negative space on any piece. Instantly recognizable portrait and overall style. Great job!

@the_Rubber_Bandit Nice clean linework you’ve been putting out there – you look like you’ve got a really steady hand. The texture on Karen’s hair and the very subtle little hives in her sweater are super cool especially! (And tell your brother that banana sword ROCKS. :banana:)

@JKoco17 VERY DYNAMIC! What a great choice of pose! She looks super fierce and like she’s coming right at you. I like the effects you did with the background and the power coming out of her hand too!

9 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

It’s digital water color.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

5 Likes

Whoa this is so cool! Really neat design, I love how prominent the cape is, if you just glance it looks like a simple flag but then you see Jace’s figure it really feels like he’s saying “I am here, I am Batman”
Plus the lighting and textures make it look polished. Great work!!

5 Likes