DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #72 - Captain Cold and the Rogues! January 1 - 8, 2022

I asked my kid and their favorite is Kurogiri and Sero. I haven’t watched any yet

7 Likes

Ooo…I have yet to draw him and he is cool as heck!! I might give him a try when I time! Sero is cool and actually inspired by Spider-man just like All Might was inspired by Superman.

7 Likes

side note, y’all talking about anime made me wanna drop a recommend for one of my favorite shows, Darker Than Black. I watched it again for the first time in years and it just made me remember how good it is and how neat the lore is.
It’s got a take on superpowered Individuals unlike anything else I’ve seen done, a lot more tragic. It’s heavier/ a more plot-y show than MHA but deff recommend for superhero & anime fans :metal:

9 Likes

I will check it out. What service is it on?

7 Likes

None sadly :pensive:
I had to watch on one of those old school anime streaming sites. Im hoping to buy the series but its insanely marked up

7 Likes

:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

6 Likes

Hey, look what’s available to rent on Netflix’s old school DVD service.

I think these are just the discs of season 1 (oddly missing disc 4).
The ‘Season 6’ disc says it contains episodes 23-26 (which would wrap up the real season 1).

8 Likes

Oh cool!..but :face_with_raised_eyebrow:…there’s only two seasons. (Tho I would personally highly, Not recommend season 2…)

Season one is 26 episodes I believe but yeah there’s definately not 6 seasons that’s weird

6 Likes

Oh I see, yeah there’s 26 episodes. And personally would only recommend s1 so your set!

I wonder is disk 4 is just rented out then?

6 Likes

Netflix can be really spotty since its not the main part of their business anymore. My guess is disc 4 was rented out and never returned. But, hey, maybe there’s some other way to find those few episodes :slight_smile:

I’ll give this series a try!

7 Likes

Yeah that makes sense, if you do get to those episodes and they arent available through them DM me and I can help you find a place to watch :+1:
Hope you like it :white_heart:

7 Likes

classic! perfect pose!

7 Likes

Thanks IMM! One big benefit (shortcut?) with digital is the ‘eye dropper’ color selector.

I can import any piece of existing art into digital drawing software and use the eye dropper to pull out any color. It’s a great way to obtain the accurate color of anything.

It’s also given me a greater appreciation of the layers of colors that exist in modern art. These colorists aren’t just filling in the lines! So many gradients and shades and effects it really is quite amazing when you zoom in close.

6 Likes

Thanks @churchtalker!

5 Likes

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1:. Great back to back and like the background.
Also didn’t know cold was so tall. Alway pictured heatwave to be.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1: Boomer. Great expressions.

6 Likes

My old app is shutting down this year so had to use the new they suggested. Pretty simple but has a lot of new tools and a bit more advanced than what I was use to but like the results and curious to experiment more with it.

But inspired by the year of the villain. King Cold vs Flash. Had fun with the effects on this. Struggling with the teeth a bit :sweat_smile:. Overall enjoyed it.

11 Likes

Hooo boy, still learning a lot, still a lot to learn. All the Olympic qualifying last week led me to take a stab at Lenny’s little sister for this one. Tried to blend Manapul’s New 52 design with the classic Golden Glider style. (With Hannah Miller as a reference…) Not sure how successful it is, but I’m calling it done and contemplating who to Jokerify… :smiley:

9 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:.
Great with the flowing of it all.

5 Likes

@NYJt3 - What’s the new app that you are using? You already have a good grasp of the color blending. Looks great!

@keath - so glad to see a Golden Gilder here! Your lines are as clean as ever. With digital there is always something new to learn. I’ve been using it over a year now and I feel like I’ve just scratched the surface.

6 Likes

Haha, thank you. I’m still very early on the curve and haven’t taken the time to go through any Krita tutorials yet. (Or even download a driver for my drawing tablet.) I think I’m leaning more heavily on my PhotoShop/Gimp experience than learning “proper” digital drawing.

7 Likes