DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #70 - Album Cover Homage! November 27- December 4, 2021

Really nice Rob! There’s a lot of bad ass attitude in those faces…

I haven’t read that book, so I may be missing the reference, but is that Bizarro with the backwards S?

8 Likes

Oooo lovely and I bet @TheWifeOfJasonTodd would appreciate it as well. Great series too and I am loving Artemis she looks very cool!! And for bizarro I like how you made him more slim? Like he doesn’t look big and clumsy to me as he usually does in the comics I love it.

10 Likes

This is too great! I’m not familiar with the characters other than bouncing boy but I really like the L character, she looks great. They all just look like their having a good time, very awesome job!!!

9 Likes

What you do have is spectacular!

7 Likes

Thanks! Yes, it is Bizarro! Hard to get a fix on him. There have been so many iterations, I kinda combined a few of them in this likeness.
In my head, they are about to battle the evil rock group played by none other than Aerosmith!! (I am probably aging myself with the Sgt. Pepper movie reference. :rofl:)

7 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, he is normally big and bulky like a super hulk. The decision to slim him down was made mostly for composition reasons. I had him bigger, but he was either off the page or too far behind Redhood. Too get him in the right spot he had to be shrunk just a little. “Artist license” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, and Artemis, she is awesome!! She is like WW dialed up to 11!

7 Likes

And you are CORRECT about that! :grin:

Very nice work @RobArt471 :+1:

5 Likes

:pray: thank you!

5 Likes

You’re not familiar with the Legion? Have you watched the animated series at all? Two seasons and both a lot of fun.

I used the founding members of the Legion here. Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy all in their 70s-80s costumes. Oddly enough, all of the guys seemed to have the same hairstyle back then.

8 Likes

Just found this on a reread of Suicide Squad Black…

Enchantress & Klarion.

8 Likes

@stefanie.m
Very awesome™:+1:
Cool with the six. Like the patterns.

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303
Awesome™:+1: stuff. Cool band roster. Nice waverider too.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1: Arrowverse twist.
Nice line up.

@cici
Very awesome™:+1:. Definitely an ambitious one but very cool look at all the expressions.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: Legion. Very cool with Losh. Creative with Bouncing boy as O. Great figure work.

@RobArt471
Awesome™:+1: Outlaw piece. All looks very cool.

7 Likes

Don’t know much about the album covers of The Beatles but wanted to do something with JLD. So picked this cover and went for it. Like the results of the background poses wording and such. Not to fond of my faces here but still enjoyed it. Liked how it all turned out.

11 Likes

Super cool! Using the backwards phrasing was a nice touch. :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

4 Likes

Ahh the backwards letters! So good :grin:

7 Likes

I second @JKoco17 the LOSH animated show is such fun!

6 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

5 Likes

Awwwe i love this, jl dark is my jam. Boston is fantastic :+1:

6 Likes

I only really remember timberwolf

5 Likes

Fun challenge! I hope to submit some art soon! :muscle: :star_struck: :00_shazam:

4 Likes