DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #68 - The Sandman! November 13 - 20, 2021

Departure? Do you mean no action and happy? :joy:

Kinda like a sponge. A Kleenex crinkled up and dabbed into ink and then dabbed onto the paper. I don’t think I pulled it off exactly, I was trying for a shadowy garden type setting.

4 Likes

Sweet!!!

3 Likes

It must be the deep blacks and the lack of abs. That tank top is hiding what must be her six pack abs.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have to admit, I do like drawing abs. They are fun and allow a sense of twisting and direction to a torso.

4 Likes

Bam that blunderbus is awesome, plus great hand work! That hat is killing me. Have you seen wally from amphibia? I’m getting those vibes and I love it.
one_eyed_wally_amphibiav2

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: it does feel a bit different from your “normal” style but no less beautiful! I like her pose and the highlighting you have to break up the black especially in her torso, hair, and knees. Plus your techniques for doing the background is very cool. :+1:

3 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: very cool captain!

3 Likes

Thanks Stef, I appreciate you!!

3 Likes

Thank you very much. The hand kind of stressed me out, so I’m glad the end result isn’t as horrid as I see them.

I was today years old when I first heard of Animalia, so, no, I was not familiar with Wally, but I’m glad you like the vibe. (From the wiki summary, I’m going to have to check it out!)

4 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

2 Likes