DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #62, September 25 - October 2, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub, let’s take a trip into the world of Watchmen this week.

Whether you know him from the original classic series (weirdly not on DCUI), Before Watchmen, the more recent series (the first half of which is on DCUI), the big budget movie or eating pancakes in Wayne Manor in Doomsday Clock, whenever he pops up is a special event.

I’ve always thought Rorschach had a brilliant design. The inkblot mask gives the opportunity to portray a wide range of emotion. So take a shot and try your hand at any version of Rorschach.

Due Date: October 2, 2021
Submit: Post your final work here.
Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

7 Likes

Ok, ok…no need to figure who to draw, but with Rorschach it is a question of how to draw. Which pose, what mood, etc. This is tougher than it first seems. Challenge accepted!

6 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:.

5 Likes

I just got done watching the amazing Watchmen series on HBOMax. Didn’t like they made a racist group wearing the mask but Looking Glass certainly fit the mold. This will be interesting to figure out how to do…interesting ideas swimming around my head

5 Likes

I know what you mean. I initially called out the HBO series, but Rorschach wasn’t really in it. It was just the mask and not really in a good light.

Looking Glass was the Rorschach of the series! He did a fantastic job.

I never figured a true sequel to Watchmen would be good, but that series was awesome!

5 Likes

The other cool thing was how they handled Dr Manhattan being everywhere and every time at once.

5 Likes