Weekly Art Challenge #62 Submission Thread - September 25 - October 2, 2021 - Rorschach!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The topic this week is Rorschach. Draw a version of Rorschach based on any appearance in comics, movies or television.

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: October 2, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

7 Likes

For this week’s challenge, I returned to a style I have become known for. I drew Rorschach using nothing but tiny question marks (a nod to the fact that he was an analogue for The Question):

There is no point to my question marks as there is no point to the ridiculousness of life.
Here is Rorschach:

8 Likes

Woah that looks awesome™:+1:.
Very well done and mysterious. Perfect for him.

4 Likes

Wanted to make a gif. Didn’t know what to make for the image though. So decided to make a FanDome ad :sweat_smile:.

Had fun making this. Really liked how the movement came out.

11 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury and @NYJt3 - wow, these are both awesome! You’ve both taken the inkblot mask into very creative directions!

6 Likes

I don’t think I’m anywhere near as innovative as the two above me, but I did learn and apply some new digital color tricks with this one.

9 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:.
Nice colors. And the flashlight shine is great.

5 Likes

Man, I love it when you do this style! Rorschach looks amazing! You keep getting better and better! I think the question is, “How much better can you get?”

I wanna see one of these pieces on a book cover!

5 Likes

Now that is cool!! The art is awesome and you seem to always find a niche for each piece you do! Great work!

4 Likes

Great job! The flashlight effect is cool, but the shading and lighting effects on the figure itself are superb!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Whoa again with killing it. I also love this style and execution. Very neat and beautiful.even though I’m sure your hand is mad cramping

:+1:

5 Likes

Oh my god! That looks amazing, but you’re nuts! All question marks?! Geez!

5 Likes

I love this gif (and the Fandome lol)

4 Likes

Duuuude very cool and fun. The movement is awesome and fits so well on his mask. And that hat looks dope as heck.

4 Likes

That looks awesome!

4 Likes

And it shows! The lightening is very cool and so are your shadows my least favorite thing to do his coat and ascot thing are well done too. :facepunch:

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks! I really feel like I created an unique style test everyone here recognizes.
My hand did start cramping up and I usually have to take breaks after completing a section, but then I get passionate about it and continue on.

5 Likes