DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #43, May 1 - 8

Hi everyone!

In honor of the season 6 premiere of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow on Sunday May 2, let’s spend a week creating art inspired by @ImpulseMaxMercury 's favorite show!

If you haven’t seen the show, it stars a group of DC characters traveling through time on a ship named the Waverider attempting to save all of spacetime with a healthy dose of humor and hijinks. Throughout the series, they have traveled to Victorian England, the wild west, the far future and even been turned into puppets. All of the different costumes and clothes make for interesting visuals.

Many, many characters have rotated in and out of the show and all are eligible this week. You can create a likeness or even choose the comic, animation, movie or video game equivalent of the character. Everyone from White Canary, John Constantine, the Atom, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Heatwave, Captain Cold, Beebo and many more are available to choose from.

Here’s a link to the Wikipedia page that contains a list of characters from the show.

@DCFanArtClub

Due Date: Saturday, May 8
Submit: Post your final work here. Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

10 Likes

Such a great show :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

@JKoco17 thank you so very much for honoring my favorite Arrowverse show! You also should mention the way they approach missions: they often mess things up for the better.
There is no better dysfunctional family on television today and they are usually good to cheer me up during the week( except the past episode where Stein dies, I can’t watch that one again as I’ll cry).
I’m so happy for this show to return, as I will be restarting my weekly summary in the community of the show to welcome back my #legendaryislandofmisfits again! Please feel free to join me as I put my own pop culture spin on the show.
Remember Beebo loves you.

Ok, I may be just a little bit obsessed.:crazy_face:

7 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:. Now the question is what to draw :thinking:

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Hell yeah! Especially since I’ve been grinding Injustice 2 which has; Firestorm, Atom (Choi), Captain Cold and Vixen!

7 Likes

So much to choose from.

5 Likes

I knew you’d be ready to go on this one! Some of your art here I hadn’t seen before. Your fandom runs very deep. Is there anyone on the team you haven’t drawn yet?

8 Likes

This works perfect, I have wanted to draw Firestorm and Hawkman. Got to do Firestorm for the last monthly challenge. Now I get to knock out a Hawkman!

6 Likes

Working on a time ship!

5 Likes

I’m excited to see how it turns out!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, the show is just quirky enough and I feel it does not get the attention that the other shows get, which is a shame because it is easily one of the funniest on television. They will try anything at least once, not matter how crazy. The drawings I provided were all (I believe) entries to the DCFAC at one time or another for various challenges, I draw what I like. AS I said, I like belonging to what feels like a small group of fans and this is why I enjoy posting my weekly summary of the show on this site as #legendaryislandofmisfits. It feels like forever since I last posted.
As for characters I have not drawn, I think some of the ones from the first season such as Rip, Hawkman or Hawkgirl, as well as many of the villains. I have drawn the heroes many times, usually from the later seasons when I felt it found its niche.

8 Likes

Awesome! What a good weekly challenge, my cousin also really loves this show, I think it’s her favorite from the Arrowverse too :blush: I’ve been itching to draw Constantine too hehe

8 Likes