Weekly Art Challenge #43 Submission Thread - May 1 - 8, 2021

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

@DCFanArtClub
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

10 Likes

Here’s Zari in her red plaid shirt.

9 Likes

Nice!! :+1:

6 Likes

Very nicely done. I like that she is touching her totem as well. Zari 1.0!!!

9 Likes

@JKoco17 got me to thinking: I am such a huge fan of the show and have drawn almost every character that I was trying to think who I had left to draw. I could have gone back to season one with Rip and Hawkgirl but I felt it really hit its particular niche of wackiness after that straightforward superhero season.
Then I remembered one of the regular Legends who contributes a lot to the craziness and is one of my favorites: Gary Green!
And yes I know his mystical nipple was to his left, but to get the Superman pose, I moved it front and center. I hope the other fans forgive my artistic license. Enjoy the premiere tonight!!!

9 Likes

Great likeness of Gary!

7 Likes

Thanks!

6 Likes

The clothing looks awesome! The wrinkles and the jacket pull back are so realistically done! Great job!

6 Likes

Thanks! I’ve gotten pretty good at the clothes. The folds and wrinkles are just extensions of shading which I have improved at

7 Likes

@JKoco17 the layout and the background and the pose and everything, it looks like a pin-up in a comic!

@ImpulseMaxMercury i’d have recognized Gary from his face alone!

i only just learned about this challenge from the mention in @ImpulseMaxMercury’s LoT recap thread, but i had to do something, so i sketched

and

(i also drew Zari with Calvin’s grossed-out face but it’s just Calvin with a ponytail so not even worth posting)

9 Likes

Had to put my theory to the test! Happened to watch the latest season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and by some divine reason the season involved the Zephyr-1 as a Time Ship. Needless to say I binge watched in one day the whole season! But I took the essential outline of the Waverider and applied some thoughts to it.

Hard to see but opposite the Q-F rods it says Anti-Higgs Boson.

8 Likes

Thanks! I think it was the first time I’ve tried to draw a flannel shirt and I like how it came out. The color certainly helped.

And it’s good to see your work back here! The faces look great!

5 Likes

You watched an entire season of Agents of Shield in one day?!? That would turn my brain to mush.

Your work is always very interesting. I not always sure I understand what I’m looking at, but it is nice to look at!

6 Likes

I just try to inspire the Professional artists.

5 Likes

Admittedly, I don’t draw realism very well. I really see myself as a “comic book artist”. So, since Hawkman is one of the LoT characters and I wanted to draw him for a bit now. I chose to draw the comic’s version of Hawkman. To make up for straying from the show design of Hawkman, I tried really hard to give you guys the best Hawkman I could. I hope you enjoy it.

9 Likes

Looks great! The combination of the wings and mask always make Hawkman a challenge. Nice effect on the clouds too!

6 Likes

Thank you! Wings are infuriating at best. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

That’s amazing! I love the details on the mace and the wings. :00_hawkman:

4 Likes

Thanks! I always thought that the mace should be a little worn from battles. Slightly bent tips or rounded with tiny dents here and there.

6 Likes

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1: Zari 1.0

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1:
Looks just like Gary. And the clothes wrinkles are great.

@biff_pow
Awesome™:+1:
John with his signature scout.

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303
Awesome™:+1: waverider. Like the temporal effects.

@RobArt471
Awesome™:+1: Hawkman
The feathers are amazing.

6 Likes