DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #24, Sept. 5-12

@DCFanArtClub , this week brings you our next character challenge :ocean:

WeeklyChallenge24Banner

Due: September 12, 2020
Tools: Anything goes

How it works : Young Justice, live action, her own comic series and more — which style of Mera you draw is up to you, but as this season of beach days draws to its end, let’s pay tribute to the Queen of Atlantis.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

10 Likes

Haven’t drawn her before. Sounds fun.

5 Likes

Ooh, I’m getting some ideas… I swear I’m going to get something in this time :laughing:

4 Likes

I was floored when @TheKateKane liked the post before you did :joy:

3 Likes

sorry to steal your thing, i saw pink’s name in my notifications and it happened :laughing:

3 Likes

D’awww. :pleading_face:

4 Likes

yay! :hugs:

3 Likes

It’s all good :laughing:
it’s not even my thing by choice… it’s almost like a curse… ahh, who am I kidding, I love having super speed/stretchy powers…

3 Likes

here’s my pencils.

and i tried throwing color at it.

11 Likes

Very Awesome™:+1:

2 Likes

Looks gorgeous! Way to capture the motion of the currents with all of those insanely intricate pieces of hair!

2 Likes

Wow, the motion in her hair and in the water between her hands is gorgeous! The whole piece has so much grace and power. And her expression is so intense, which is so in character. Great job!!

1 Like

I went with Mera as she’s depicted in the Justice League animated series.

8 Likes

Decided to base my Mera off the DCAMU movies.
Made a happy Hello Mera. Enjoy

6 Likes

Look Very Awesome™:+1:

2 Likes

This is so fun and lighthearted! The coloration is great. :+1:

2 Likes

@CynicalPink are we supposed to post here or in another thread?

4 Likes

I’m running extremely late! Please hold tight. I’m trying to watch what I can of Fandom, then I have to jump into work. I promise I’ll set up the thread and new challenge by this evening.

5 Likes

Lol NP! I’m definitely running late myself

3 Likes

No problem! I always worry I missed the post so that’s the only reason I ask!
I watched the LoT panel(and provided my thoughts on it in my Legendary Island of Misfits post) and I tried scrolling down through all the artwork in the fan art gallery. Please anyone here let me know if you saw my Stargirl pencils as I scrolled through for over an hour and stopped .
It may have had to do with the fact that my drawings only got at most nine likes but still.
Such amazing artwork I do not see how I could even compete/compare. I have a lot of work to do to get to those levels. I was wondering if anyone else who submitted saw their fan art. Then DC Fan Art Club represents!
Here’s the link for my LoT post if you’re curious

3 Likes