DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #1

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 88

@CynicalPink I know I have a whole week to submit but inspiration struck and I couldn’t wait! Well that, and my busy week with my kids’ activities and work, I only have time on the weekends to turn in my homework :grinning:
Facial expressions are especially hard for me to get right, but I pushed myself and think I did an ok job.
I got Zatanna and Suspicious which was tricky. But then I thought of something she would be suspicious of…

13 Likes

I’d be suspicious of Yoda too.
Is Zatanna suppose to raise Wonder Woman’s invisible jet out of the swamp? :open_mouth:

6 Likes

I don’t know, did she crash it on Dagobah?

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d99

1 Like

:game_die: 6

@ImpulseMaxMercury Better than “ok” – her expression and the situation made me laugh :laughing: Yoda’s expression even looks like he’s slightly trolling her, haha. And I’m wow’d that you went as far as giving the detailing to her costume and everything.

Btw, I’m glad you were able to fit us into your schedule! People can submit the weekly as many times as they like/whenever convenient, so congrats on leading the pack.

3 Likes

@CynicalPink thanks! I still tried to go humorous this week and I’m glad you like it. When I saw I got Zatanna, I was worried. I especially was worried I would not draw her correctly and the fishnets really threw me. But I figured it out and this gave me a chance to try to draw a person again trying to get proportion right. The suspicious expression also worried me as I am not usually good at drawing faces. I like drawing more cartoony but I am pushing myself and having fun.
Thanks again for this group! I didn’t mean to lead the charge but I also wanted to participate when I could.
Trying to remember if you said with the last challenge that you would collect them all and post them together in one post once challenge was completed so easier for everyone to see. Or maybe my memory has been changed by Zatanna herself.

3 Likes

My pleasure, in regard to the group!

And I hear ya about pushing yourself. I generally lean more cartoon-y, too, and I have a bad habit of repeatedly drawing characters I’m comfortable with rather than trying the more challenging ones (like Zatanna and Canary, with those #%#& fishnets!).

:flushed: i did say that, and i completely forgot. TY for the reminder!!

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 41

@Kelex roll 1d99

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

Oops, I think we may have overloaded poor Kelex. :frowning:

1 Like

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 20

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 92

1 Like

11 Likes