DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #1

No idea who abush bug is, so I’m going to do a re-roll
@Kelex 1d99

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 40

1. Np! You’re doing a great job!

2. LOL I’ll take any Goonies references that you find. Thanks!

3 Likes

Goonies never say die!
Sloth love Chunk.
It was my first PG movie I was allowed to see and it’s one of my favorites!

3 Likes

You guys are killin’ this challenge! I’m so proud. :sob:

@biff_pow How are you so darn good at hands?! I laughed out loud, then I got jealous.

@AnonymousHQ - love the fire in the eyes! Nice touch! And piggybacking off of that…

@JeepersItsTheJamags Love the reflection you’ve got going in yours, too. Great inks, btw. Think you’ll use them for your monthly? (Also, good work with teeth. Teeth are really hard for me to draw realistically. All my sketches have Chiclet syndrome.)

@stefanie.murr7 I sniggered when i read your speech bubble. And y’know, I like YOUR drawing better than the original art. The head is shaped better.

@anon52107441 Good job getting your expression across! I know you were worried about the quality, but I can see all the work you put into the details of the skin folds/rage wrinkles

@ImpulseMaxMercury I think it may have been one of my first PG movies, too, and I still adore it!

8 Likes

@CynicalPink I also like how they throw in a reference to Gremlins in that movie. When Chunk calls the police and they don’t believe him, they say is it like the story about the creatures that multiplied when they got wet.

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Haha, yes! That was one of (many) jokes from the film that I didn’t get until I was older

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! I’m really enjoying drawing things I normally wouldn’t :upside_down_face: great first challenge!

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d99

:game_die: 23

@ImpulseMaxMercury - I love how you decided to combine fandoms! You did an excellent job with Zatanna’s expression. She really looks like she’s debating if Yoda is a threat or not.

@AnonymousHQ - His head tilt and crossed arms really help sell the wtf expression. Not sure if you were basing it off a certain moment, but I definitely could see him giving this look to Oliver. :laughing:

@stefanie.murr7 - Aww, I love cartoony Zatanna, she’s adorable! In the first one, it looks like the rabbit ruined her trick and she’s a bit upset about it. Haha.

@EasternShoreSpeedster - Wow, I can’t believe you “whipped this up real quick”! It looks amazing. I love how you use the same color background as the character but the character always manages to stand out. The “shaking” lines are a great detail, I can easily see him buzzing from his sugar high.

@Nightroia - You did a great job! He looks so suspicious and judging! I feel like this is a look he probably gives Batman all the time. :laughing: I like how he looks like he’s hovering/flying!

@thelunarmouse - Awww. He’s so adorable and goofy! I really like the soft coloring in the second image, and the little details, like his slightly tattered cape. 10/10 would give belly rubs.

@Jay_Kay - Haha. That’s really adorable. His tongue handing out and eyes are perfect for “sugar high”. The details of his cape and collar look great too! 10/10 would give head pats (probably after he crashes :sweat_smile: )

@AnonymousHQ - “Big cursive lettering” :rofl: :rofl:
Putting fire in her eyes is a really cool and creative way to display rage! I definitely wouldn’t want to be near her when she was in this state.

@biff_pow - Oh my goodness, that’s too funny! Oliver knows he did wrong and went ahead and put himself into time out. :rofl: Was this based on the scene where Oliver is training Barry and shoots him in Arrow?

@JeepersItsTheJamags - I absolutely love that you put reflections in his eyes! Good job with using inks, they are pretty unforgiving. You did a great job with them! I also think the building looks good, perspective isn’t easy!

@stefanie.murr7 - Your suit lapels turned out fantastic! Your linework is so neat and clean. I love how you included biff_pow too, that’s such a nice touch.

@anon52107441 - Great job including two very expressive faces! It’s easy to tell that one face is very rage-y while the other is in anguish. I like how you decided to tell a story with your piece.

10 Likes

Okay, so I had my choice of expression with Wonder Woman, so I decided to do one that’s not often seen, and that’s rage.

10 Likes

I’ll be out of town Saturday, so I’ll probably Do something mediocre.

5 Likes

gets ready the Max Max mediocre gif

4 Likes

Thanks!!! And glad it worked out. I was going for the blue-murder-Flash, but almost immediately realized it only works in color. I never (well, almost never) use color. 1 I like the black and white drawing-board feel, and 2 I suuuuuuuuck at coloring.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay, love it. Looks great.
Are you ironically saying she is never angry?
Also, are those power cracks, or angry tears?

I am inserting that quote, seeking a lack of @biff_pow
“Waitaminute, was I just drawn better than in the comics?”
And the annswer is yes.

2 Likes

Thanks!! I was trying to mix the time where Barry snapped Thawne’s neck with the Blue Flash arc from New 52, then realized that only works with color. Refusing to use color, I am just going with Thawne getting murdered by Barry.

1 Like