DC Fan Art Club: November 2023 Spotlight - The Penguin, Power Girl and Lobo

Hi @DCFanArtClub!

Wow, I can’t believe it is November already. We’ve spent the last few months drawing some obscure, lesser know characters, so let’s move back toward the mainstream a bit this month.

The Penguin can classify as both a classic character as well as ‘new to DCUI’. Oswald Cobblepot has appeared in TV, movies, comics and animation with a wide variety of looks. Any version is eligible, of course.

Do you prefer Burgess Meredith, Danny DeVito (flipper hands!) Colin Farrell, or any unique artist representation? Choose your favorite and have some fun.
Penguin1

Power Girl, similar to Penguin, has been around for a long time and also has a brand new series that has started to appear on DCUI.

Her origin has changed over the years, but she has now reverted back to her original concept.

Power Girl is Kara Zor-L, the Supergirl of Earth-2.

Her brand new series has mostly kept her signature look (now occasionally covered up by a jacket :slight_smile: ) and has her fighting for justice as part of the Super-family.

Lobo Logo

Sadly, Keith Giffen passed away on October 9 at the age of 70. Usually cranky, but always creative and hilarious, Keith had a profound impact on comics. From Legion of Super-Heroes to Justice League International (Bwah-ha-ha) to Ambush Bug and many others in between, Keith’s work will be remembered as unique and impactful.

Since we just drew Ambush Bug a couple months ago, let’s draw another of Keith’s famous creations – Lobo!

When he debuted in Omega Men #3, Lobo looked a bit different than what we are used to.

The mini-series by Keith Giffen, Alan Grant and Simon Bisley from 1990 really showcased the main main as we know him today. Pick your favorite version and let’s draw something in Keith’s memory.

Post your thoughts and work in the thread below and thanks for being a part of the art club here at DC Universe Infinite!

Due Date: November 30, 2023

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

13 Likes

You do realize the potentially volatile situation of pairing Lobo with Power Girl…?

11 Likes

Haven’t drawn Penguin and Lobo in a while. And haven’t really drawn power girl before.
Sounds awesome™:+1:

5 Likes

This will probably get me in trouble, so I’ll blur it to minimize the damage. :zipper_mouth_face:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 201331

But, hey, she’s got the jacket now!

8 Likes

I did The Penguin as one of my inktober drawings.

16 Likes

In celebration of the 1st day of Christmas season for some and the picking of Lobo. I repost this for your viewing pleasure.

Very happy to have a go at all of them! Penguin and Power Girl will be firsts for me also.

13 Likes

I am going to admit that I already had a Power Girl on paper that I inked in procreate.

10 Likes

Does Thanksgiving mean nothing to you?

7 Likes

(Not Fan Art; Dustin Nguyen, Li’l Gotham #2)

9 Likes

I did say for SOME. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Ooh this one is really awesome!

6 Likes

Not my normal style…

12 Likes

I’m excited about the choices this month!
Here’s my Colin Farrell version from an earlier challenge.

13 Likes

Here’s my power girl

12 Likes

Both your Power girls have strikingly different styles, but both done very well! Nice job! :metal:

6 Likes

Still love the handling of shadows on this one! :metal:

6 Likes

Love the hair makes her super cute! :metal:

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really have a style.

4 Likes

Usually I draw the challenges in the order they were listed but I was inspired to try drawing Power Girl who I had never drawn before. I used a certain actress as reference for the face and pose but then used various drawings of her from the comics to get her costume.

8 Likes

Love it! Awesome job! :penguin_smirkhqtas:

I’m loving this thread already!:smiley:

6 Likes