DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, November 2020

If you’re dedicating your time and energy to creating fan art, then it’s likely there are characters who hold a special place in your heart. Welcome to our newest monthly challenge!

Perhaps they can be always counted on for a smile, or maybe you turn to their stories in your darkest hour. @DCFanArtClub, for November, you are tasked with creating fan art for the character(s) for which you’re most grateful.

Due: November 30, 2020
Tools: Anything goes! Remember, sculpting, photography and other art forms are welcome.
Submit: You can submit your work here whenever you’re ready! When you post your art, feel free to share why you picked that character. :slight_smile:

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

11 Likes

Oh snap, I’m already late! :open_mouth:

:stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

You’re officially my new copy editor whether you want to be or not :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I know exactly what character I want to do for this. Now all I have to do is get the motivation and just do it lol.

9 Likes

my life motto :scream:

7 Likes

Man I’m grateful for a lot but I think I know who I’ll do. :thinking:

4 Likes

I am tempted to do Jimmy Olsen. Just to surprise everyone.

5 Likes

Photography, you say? So, I could take artsy photos of action figures of characters I’m grateful for, then?

SN: Dibs on that Copy Editor gig if @Jay_Kay doesn’t want it, or steps down from it. I’m good with editing and wurdz.

6 Likes

Absolutely!

And everyone is welcome to meddle with my wordsmithing as language requires far more energy than i have these days :sleepy:

5 Likes

Oh man i am so :muscle: for this challenge.

That would be dope.

5 Likes

I’m about as skilled with being an artsy photog as I am being an ocean fisherman, but I just might snap a pic or two worthy of the Daily Planet.

I like how these challenges are getting me to come out of my artistic shell. Previously, writing was the one thing I stuck with, but between my drawing and potential photos, I feel like I might be on the horizon of new artistic passions.

Or, I might suck-diddly-uck at them and go back to focusing just on writing. :man_shrugging: We’ll see what happens. :clark_hv_4:

6 Likes

exactly, I only did a few doodles here and there but now I really love to draw. The community is awesome and supportive, there’s even a spot for feed back if you feel like a piece is missing something. And for me anyway its a great way to decompress after a hectic work day.

Either way dude looking forward to whatever you come up with. :batman_hv_5:

5 Likes

Um hi can I draw all of y’all because I’m so thankful for this community! It feels like a safe place to celebrate DC and art where other places on the internet are often filled with hate or intolerance :pray::pleading_face: love y’all :black_heart:

5 Likes

:raised_hands:

5 Likes

I mean it :pleading_face::pray:

5 Likes

Would it be acceptable to leave in pencil? I’m scared to ink this piece :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Of course! I’d hate for you to stress over something you’re proud of as-is!

3 Likes

Phew, I know its supposed to be like the best work more than normal for the weekly challenges but I think this might be my favorite piece and even though I’ve been working on clean lines I dont want to goof it up :grin: cause I’m super proud of it/ excited to share!! Ok explanation over. :grin: thanks boss!!

57dfc6e624a399a051db9a165ad6db9f

3 Likes