DC Fan Art Club: November Monthly Challenge, Submission Thread

Perhaps they can be always counted on for a smile, or maybe you turn to their stories in your darkest hour. For November, the @DCFanArtClub is challenging community artists to create art for the character(s) for which they’re most grateful.

You do not have to be club member to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to our ranks if you’re interested in joining! Find out more here.

* Check out the original November Monthly Challenge thread for details.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

10 Likes

I am most grateful for characters like Beebo. My love for the sheer wackiness of Legends of Tomorrow led me to gain the confidence to start posting in this community. I had such fun with my episode summaries as the Legendary Island of Misfits and it kept me going with my small fanbase who enjoyed the same things I did and my sense of humor. This increase in confidence led me to try my hand at submitting artwork for the DC Fan Art Club and here we are.
Plus if I ever need to laugh I will watch the Beebo versus Malus battle over and over.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to finish it in time, so here it is!

Started out as just Rita, then Rita and the donkey, then I decided it’d be funny if i drew something like this and called it a tableau in the Renaissance style

4 Likes

I love the other characters in the background. I see the whole patrol there. I also like Rita’s leg blobbing out. Rita has that Disney look to her but I don’t think Disney would touch them

4 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
All hail the mighty god of war Beebo.
Looks awesome™:+1:

@biff_pow
Look awesome™:+1:
Enjoy the stuff in the background. Rita look great. Like the leg goop.

2 Likes

I am thankful for Martian Manhunter. On the holiday of Thanks he goes home to remember his family with the red sands.
I choose him because he was my first favorite DC hero. When I played him in the Justice League Heroes video game I instantly liked him. Even more when I saw in the New Frontier movie. He was my number one. Even though today he’s been bumped to two as Bats rose to the top (curtesy of the Arkham games) he will always be a favorite and a gateway to this amazing world of DC. Without him I would have been able to meet all you amazing people. :+1:

4 Likes

For my entry I decided to do an ink and graphite sketch of the Brat Wonder himself! I really didn’t consider how grateful I was for this little guy until I read an article recently positing that he could end up the chosen villain of an upcoming story line. I immediately realized how much I cherished his redemption arc, and how much I had emotionally invested in his future as a character. Oh man, has he been through some stuff! But he’s so resilient and has such a huge heart.
Stay golden, Little Bat. :heart::turkey:

P.S. Thank you to all of you here at DC Fan Art Club - you guys have been one of the rare lovely things in this doozy of a year! So thankful for you all.

4 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury I love that we can always count on you for some great Beebo! And this one is adorable!!

@biff_pow This is great! I love all the little details. Awesome work on perspective, and Rita’s hands and facial expression are so beautifully done.

@NYJt3 Woah, this is gorgeous! The detail work you incorporated shades of the same color the sand is incredible. You can also really feel J’onn’s emotion in the movement and intensity of the sands. Amazing job!

4 Likes

Wow that looks awesome™:+1:.
A lot of great detail even the sword shine.
Damian has definitely been through a lot. Wonder how it will all play out.

2 Likes

The sand did get a bit irritating :sweat_smile: but worth it. (Now I know how @ImpulseMaxMercury feels(ish) with his bat/Lightning//pumpkins art​:sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

First: Thankful for this community and club, no words can express how grateful I am for all of you amazing people.

Used quite a few references for this piece except the bottom panel. Ahem so here goes,

Etrigan:

Damian:

Constantine:

Midnighter and Apollo:

Blood: froze a scene from A knight of shadows and instead of his reg suit gave him a bow tie :ribbon:

2 Likes

Yes nailed him perfectly. He breaks my heart. Your piece is really great too I like the shing of the sword and his armour, nice detail.

2 Likes

Beautiful and painful piece. The sand is great and the family conjured in them. Also those games are :+1:

2 Likes

Rita is lovely and the blob foot is a nice touch, her face is like spot on. (And her fingers/hands). Great piece i hope you get to finish or will finish in the future :grinning:

2 Likes

Whelp you nailed it, just YouTubed that fight you mentioned well done. I love his come get it expression and pose. :+1: Also Beebo wants cuddle lol.

3 Likes

See it’s all fun and games until you have to draw the excruciating tiny detailed pieces. Many a person has cramped their hand this way and it’s not for the faint of heart.

2 Likes

See perfect for being grateful for as well as ready to fight on Black Friday.
Thanks for the compliment he does look ready for war but also you just want to hug him and squeeze him and call him George.
The big bad battle of that season is what I point yo when people ask me to describe this show.

3 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:
A lot of nice characters.
All the different styles. Looks great.
Didn’t know Constantine was a bunny before. He’s adorable :grin:

2 Likes

He was in the bombshells for a bit, precious little bunny with a tie. :hearts: and thanks!

2 Likes

This is so great. I love how many different characters you repped, and you especially nailed the fierceness of Etrigan and the tenderness of Midnighter and Apollo! Great job!!

2 Likes