DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

@ImpulseMaxMercury great scene.
The relics in the bat cave are excellent. Reminds me of the Teen Titans Go episode where Robin’s mission is to housesit for Batman.

3 Likes

I’d like to try for Helena Wayne - World’s Finest

2 Likes

Thanks! I was initially going to go for an action scene but then it struck me to showcase other items from history. I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like

Robin looks a little mischievous, like he is trying to decide if he wants to take the Batmobile for a joy ride.

3 Likes

Aww, he’s so excited he can’t even sit in the car right. :laughing:

Like the work you did in filling out the page and showcasing all the crazy things in the Bat-Cave. :smiley:

3 Likes

@Jay_Kay and @WonderWoman_85 thanks for the compliments.
I was going for a look of excitement that he couldn’t wait to go, but he could also be looking like “What, me?” He looks like maybe this time Batman will let me drive…
I hope I did a good job on the Batmobile and Batcave, as I tried to stretch beyond just doing Robin.

3 Likes

@NovellPaladin Sorry for the delay! Helena is yours. :+1:

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury, this is GREAT! Don’t worry about the due dates!

tbd

You obviously tackled this with all your heart from the get-go, and that’s what counts. And the effort really shows! From the tiny textural details of the T-Rex to the highlights and reflections on the Batmobile, there’s so much to look at. And Dick’s smug little smile captures the essence of his Robin perfectly. I think your choice of composition was brilliant, too. These 80 years started with Dick, so what better way to showcase his history than setting him in one of the best “museums” Gotham has.

Thank you for starting us off! I’m adding a link to your work to the very first post so it doesn’t get lost as the thread fills up.

7 Likes

@CynicalPink thanks! I’m glad you liked all the details I put in for the Batcave and Batmobile. He does look like he is up to something doesn’t he?
I don’t intend to finish my assignments so quickly, I just try to complete it in the time I have available. Knowing something could come up any time during the month, I just try to get it done. This being the monthly assignment I wanted to make sure I put forth the effort above and beyond my usual work and I’m glad others like it.
Thanks again for putting a link at the top of the post so it doesn’t get lost

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury - Wow, there are so many details in your piece! It’s easy to tell that you put a lot of thought and effort into it and it paid off. I love how happy Robin looks to be in the Batcave. I think you did a phenomenal job honoring the original Robin!

4 Likes

@serenap95 thanks! I tried to look at multiple references for the car, the dinosaur and the penny to get them just right, I was worried about getting the relation of size wrong but I like how it turned out. I cannot wait to see all the other Robins! I love this group!

4 Likes

i was stressing myself out so i just drew this to get something on the board. i guess the shark was robbing a bank and has human legs. i worked on the mask so much in pencil and then i painted it like that :tired_face:

p.s. i fell in love with this costume like in a high school dramedy about the jock/prom queen dating the nerd as a joke but then the nerd gets hot etc etc

14 Likes

Robin Vs Land Jaws! :rofl:

Well done – it’s definitely a goofy costume, but not without its charm.

2 Likes

:laughing:thanks!

2 Likes

First, no stressing out! This is for fun!

Second, I’m so happy!! :rofl: When you picked Earth-2, I was reaaaaally hoping you would go for that costume rather than the alternate, but I didn’t wanna influence ya so I kept my mouth shut. So yay! I LOVE the colors you went with! But I can’t decide on my favorite part – the super hairy legs, the fact that the shark has legs, the fact that the shark has legs AND is wearing cowboy boots, or the little “boop!” tooth. Poor guy. And, of course, it’s the bestest Robin costume ever.

3 Likes

Idk any of the robins except the original ones and I’m sure those are gone, smh lol , @CynicalPink can you please pick a robin for me to draw. It’s doesn’t matter whichever one you think is cool or wanna see.

3 Likes

@Viciousdark Sure!

If you want something a little simpler, Robinbot is cute: 1, 2, 3, 4

Or if you’re good for anyone, I’d vote Isabella Ortiz : 1, 2, 3

(If it makes you feel better, I’ve no idea who my Robin is, either. But it’s been fun reading these random issues to learn about some of the lesser known guys :sweat_smile: )

4 Likes

:laughing: Thank you!

2 Likes

You said robinbot first @CynicalPink lol, sold.

3 Likes

@Viciousdark He’s adorable! So I’m still satisfied :yum:

3 Likes