DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

@biff_pow It’s helpful! I like monochromatic art, so both options are appealing! It might come down to which I can mix better. I’m gonna do some tests tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Running some tests is a good idea. You might even find something completely different that you like lol.

3 Likes

4-3! Them’s close odds.

2 Likes

Is there a purple pill option? XD

2 Likes

@Broken-Knight That’s what I’m gonna call the result if everything turns out to be a big jumbled mess. The Purple Pill version. x_x

2 Likes

:unamused: for the record, I didn’t vote on my own poll. I was hijacked.

2 Likes

I really like both of the color schemes you picked out @CynicalPink. I couldn’t pick which one so I flipped a coin and it decided, lol :joy:. Your robin pic looks fantastic tho!.!.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Viciousdark! Today’s the day I’m finally starting to paint, so wish me luck! :scream:

4 Likes

I know it’ll be amazing :wink:, can’t wait to see the colors. I’m still inking my robinbot piece , lol :joy:, it’ll get there. All I can think is that old dude from that pig movie babe, saying that’ll do pig, :rofl::rofl:, (this is of course in reference to me and in no way am I calling anyone a pig, :pray:t2: )

2 Likes

Okay, I finally finished Tim as Red Robin! Not gonna lie, this piece did Not want to work with me, but I’m too tired to even bother with it anymore at this point so I’m considering it done :sweat_smile:. Though I do think the background turned out pretty nice and the challenges that popped up were kinda fun.

10 Likes

@wonderlyn Awesome! This is so ambitious but it came out great! I love his expression he sort of looks happy and at peace as he looks over the city :black_heart::sob: it makes my heart warmmmm :pray:

4 Likes

I’m coloring mine rn while I watch one of my fave animated DC movies! Superman/Shazam :grin:

2 Likes

I agree with @cici, especially about the subtle emotion expressed in his face and body language! Incredible!

4 Likes

Just to confirm; our March pictures are due on Saturday, April 4?

1 Like

@RedWing7 :sweat: no way am I finishing mine before tmrw. Work meeting kept me two hours late.

@wonderlyn that came out so beautiful! I love the attention given to the city, and the quiet, pensive look suits Tim perfectly.

2 Likes

Got my Robins done! Dax, Dre, and Izzy from the We Are Robin comics~
I’d actually never heard of these before but I liked Isabella’s style and then once I read the comic I totally fell in love with Daxton and Dre so I got them as a second pick :metal:

Also just wanted to say I’m really happy I found this club! It’s given me something fun to do and look forward to with all this pandemic going on. So thank you for putting this together <3

11 Likes

i love them!

3 Likes

First of all, your comment was so sweet, thank you!
Secondly, your art is just . . . wow. That’s the best word I have to describe it. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and I especially love the neon and the poses you chose for the characters. :heart:

5 Likes

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:thankyou!!

2 Likes

10 Likes