DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, April 2020

Thank you!

3 Likes

This is from the show “The Batman”. My brother and I have been binging it lately and I thought, “why not?”. I’ve always loved the Ethan Bennet version of clayface so I figured this would be a fun idea. Great challenge, thank you!

11 Likes

(Reference Batman Beyond ep 7)
please ignore the wonky wobbly lines that may have messed up his eyes :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

Okay. I wrapped up annual earth day drawing (posting tomorrow), and have hammered out a few requests.

This is now my full time project.

I’ve got 8 days.

5 Likes

… really didn’t realize that’s how little time we had left.

4 Likes

Nervous laughter

Why did I go with such a complicated layout and posing why???

3 Likes

I was just cringing over the same thing. And I had started out so ambitious, too, thinking, “Ah ha! This will be great! After I’m done with the first, I’ll have some alternate covers to go with!” Pffffft.

5 Likes

@CynicalPink so I’m working on my drawing, and I decided to do a cover for the all star games. I’m afraid that it might not fit within the guidelines for fan art since I’m actually putting new faces onto dc characters, specifically Freddie price jr in a Superman suit, and xavier woods Batman. I haven’t looked deep into this, but I really want to do this piece for the months chalenge. Do you think dc would take it down if I posted this, and what should I do, since I’m already so deep into this drawing if I can’t post it.

3 Likes

Since you’re putting real humans into the suits and not copyrighted characters, I think you’ll be fine. That’s not a redesign so much as a fan casting :+1: I don’t mind checking with the mods if you’d like me to confirm, but I’m pretty sure you’re good.

3 Likes

@chongoboy1014 I missed this reply before, so thank you now! Your Clayfaces look great, and I love the idea of 2 versions fighting!

@stefanie.m you captured him perfectly!

(I forgot to point out on mine, the DIE ROBOTMAN lettering is aluminum foil. 90s callback!)

5 Likes

I’m not ignoring anyone’s work, btw! I’m waiting until you’ve posted in “public” to gush my admiration. That way I can embarrass ya like an overly doting auntie.

5 Likes

The hand lettering was a challenge, and King Shark is too small, but I’ve stared at this thing too long and need to move on…

12 Likes

I went with what I consider the best overall episode of the ‘70s Wonder Woman series! @CynicalPink I kinda want to post this on Fan Creations and wanted to make sure we werent going to do it through here first? I happened to see people posting on here so I thought I’d go ahead and post here too

12 Likes

@Alonica on the last day of the month I’ll make a post in Fan Creations where everyone can drop this months challenge art

4 Likes

Awesome. Thank you!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Really love the layout for this piece :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks! I had to do each character separately and then maneuver them together. Luckily it didn’t end up looking like mud! :wink:

3 Likes

It’s been crazy this month with work, requests and commissions. I did manage to knock this out really really quick. Hope everyone likes it!

Cheers!

*It’s still not a 100%, so I may update the image later. I just didn’t want to forget to submit something.

12 Likes

The whole thing is great. What’s that font called?

2 Likes

Obviously the centerpiece is great, but you nailed those fish in the background. Crushed the style on that. Well done.

3 Likes