DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, April 2020

Hello again, @DCFanArtClub! We’ve got a bunch of newcomers on board, so 2 quick reminders about the monthly challenge.

Read me first!

1. Like the weekly challenge: ALL skill levels and media are accepted.
  2. Unlike the weekly challenge: Art submitted to the monthly challenge should be polished and involve more effort (that’s why you’ve got 30 days for it!). That said, this is for fun, and there’s no rule for what’s considered “polished.” Just use your best judgment. Ultimately, it’s meant to be a way of challenging yourself – so you do you.

Don’t forget, if you need help bringing your vision to life: REFERENCE SOS

MONTHLY CHALLENGE, APRIL 2020: “FROM SCREEN TO COVER”

I’m pooped and can’t think of a catchy title.

Due: April 30, 2020
Tools: Traditional or digital media

How it works:

Design a comic book cover for your favorite episode of any DC animated or live-action series! That’s it. Easy, huh?

25 Likes

Oh heck yes. I JUST finished all of Young Justice, definitely going to do a cover of one of the episodes. Now just to pick which one…

5 Likes

@Broken-Knight I’m leaning toward Doom Patrol, but if not that, I’ll probably go for YJ, too :slight_smile: But same dilemma… which ep?? I love so many of them.

4 Likes

My mind! Racing!

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s so many ideas coming to my head that it’s hard to choose!

4 Likes

Can it be a movie?

4 Likes

@HarleyQuinn2020 Sure!

4 Likes

Omg so many possibilities :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Are y’all gonna hand letter your “cover” or add text digitally?

• Hand
  • Photoshop

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m horrible with lettering :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I bet not! But heck, why not let a computer do part of the work?

3 Likes

I do most of my art digitally, but usually sketch by hand and then scan it into a program. When doing a more refined artwork I usually like to hand draw the letters and then drop them in digitally to trace over them in the program.

3 Likes

Oh god, how am I ever going to pick a favorite episode when there are so many good options!?! :anguished:

I’m most likely going with an episode of either Legends of Tomorrow or Constantine!

6 Likes

I’m getting really psyched about this challenge, and I’d have never drawn anything like this without the prompt!

4 Likes

@serenap95 oh oh! Constantine! Do Constantine!

4 Likes

Happy to hear it! Are you gonna go for DP?

2 Likes

Yep! But since I don’t know how to “diligently work” on a drawing to make it “good” I might just do like last month and make 3 crappy quickies that rate 3/10, because 3 X 3 is 9/10, woo!

3 Likes

@biff_pow :rofl: I was actually thinking I’d like to do more than one, too. But let’s see if I can actually manage my time this month.

And your work wasn’t crappy at all! Where else am I ever gonna get fanart of that version of Dick??

5 Likes

True!

4 Likes

I’m excited to start working on this! There are way to many possibilities, though so far I’m thinking JLU or Flash or titans, oh man so many options!

3 Likes