DC Fan Art Club: 'Meet the Artist' Challenge

Thank you! And I appreciate the invite for discussing the Flash—I’ll def take you up on that.

2 Likes

@JeepersItsTheJamags Haha, thank you for being a good sport! I’m honestly looking forward to reading BoP and whatever other titles involving them to get a better perspective on their characters.

@Jay_Kay It’s the worst. I either draw stuff that feels unworthy of my fancy, discounted goods — or I draw something I’m really proud of, and I’m afraid if I add color to it, I’m gonna screw it up. Vicious cycle of neglect. :scream:

@Broken-Knight Thanks! In some ways, maybe my procrastination paid off :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, everyone! Here’s my sorta late intro piece (I saw the Birds of Prey movie the other day, and it’s been on my mind ever since. I also love Black Canary so.) As far as tools go, I’ve been getting into digital art the past few months and I’m trying to get used to that. It’s been pretty fun so far!

I’m a sucker for anything related to the Batfamily, but I honestly love most of the characters DC has, so I can’t pick any favorites. Something I can’t stand, though, is how dumb they make Nightwing in the animated movies. I also hate drawing actual backgrounds. Hate it.

(also everyone’s art on here is super cool and all of you seem really nice, so I can’t wait to see where this club goes!)

13 Likes

THANK YOU.

Also, glad you jumped in. :smiley: You’re amazingly good at capturing the likeness of the characters! I love seeing movie Dinah look happy to have a mic in her hands, too. This is a multiverse crossover I need.

4 Likes

That is lovely! Batman with the … above his head made me snort and his pose is great. Huntress is perfect!

2 Likes

Stunning.

3 Likes

Glad it made ya smile! :sweat_smile: and I appreciate all the huntress fans being good sports. It’s all tongue in cheek.

3 Likes

Amazing job!! Glad you like it here—we’re all glad you shared your work and a little bit about yourself. Hope to see more!

3 Likes

I love not only your main image, but the pictographs you used to describe you!

2 Likes

@EasternShoreSpeedster Thank you! And thanks for leaving such great feedback on everyone’s work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@wonderlyn, awesome Black Canaries! I want to be at this performance…maybe with noise cancelling head phones, just in case they get carried away.

5 Likes

Sorry for being a bit late to the challenge, dreadful etiquette, I know. I hope I can continue to contribute to this wonderful community. My only regret is not being able to include more characters and writers.

-M

11 Likes

Dislikes: Bad “Art”

In that I case, I should probably apologize in advance.

5 Likes

Don’t put yourself down, you draw Batman better than I can!
-M

3 Likes

@wonderlyn – awesome piece! I also loved their take on Black Canary in the movie and you showcase both of them wonderfully! :smiley:

@UnLagunas – Cute entry! Like how you’re able to distinguish color and make texture with your pencils. :slight_smile:

Man, most of my favorite characters have at least moments where they are complete and utter disasters, so I have no problem with it. :rofl:

3 Likes

@RainStormRiddles - That looks really cool! I love how textured the piece is and the contrast between the characters and background. Did you make stamps for the characters or hand paint them? A comic/novel hybrid would be incredible!

@CynicalPink - I love the sketch look! Your anatomy/proportions are absolutely incredible. I love all the little doodles you’ve added, especially the little bat hearts, they are adorable. I am also guilty of not wanting to use art supplies for worry of wasting them. :sweat_smile:
Also, is that a Captain Hammer shirt?!

@wonderlyn - This is absolutely adorable! I love both of their expressions and how you manage to portray them belting out songs without a care in the world. It looks like they are both having a blast. I’m surprised you are just getting into digital art recently, it really looks like something you’ve been doing for a long time. I can’t wait to see what you create in the future.

@UnLagunas - You have such a cool art style. I love the grey scale with a pop of red. Including your favorite DC Logo was a neat idea! It’d be interesting to see what the most popular logo is among the community.

4 Likes

Np! Everyone is doing such a great job!

2 Likes

Etched with a calligraphy pen. Time makes the texture. (In other words, its gotten scratched up, but it looks cool that way so I haven’t bothered refreshing it. )

2 Likes

Hmm… mind if I use that for a possible thread?
-M

3 Likes

Hey, glad to have ya, @UnLagunas! My first comment was going to be, “Whoooa, you have a Jason Todd streak!” (but then I kept reading, so…). Your Gaiman is beyond cute, love that you got creative with the lettering, and I am huge fan of small pops of color in otherwise monochromatic work. :+1: Thanks for sharing!

serenap, flattered and super happy at the compliments, but what made me really inwardly squeal was that you recognized the tee!

3 Likes