DC Fan Art Club: July 2022 Spotlight- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes

So sorry to hear about your loss.

2 Likes

I am working on a big cast, but. I feel it won’t spoil to share 1 part!

This is the team leader from my story arc titled, “Days of Pride and Beyond!” It’s Dreamer with her signature whip ending with a heart and her brand new blade which I saw on her Twitter feed! I think I really enjoy practicing my skills with her for 2 reasons; one is the blue and grey helps with my overactive imagination messing with my color blindness. They are soft on my eyes compared to reds and dark tones which jump out at me. (Hard to explain) Also, I have been a contributing Citizen to Trans causes in San Francisco and Las Vegas in a variety of ways. And this is where I think I can assist the best by providing Artistic & Business inspiration to the artists and spectators who are involved with the comic industry.

12 Likes

LEGION! Looks like it’s time for me to draw Brainiac 5 or Superman X from the animated series! Two of my favorites!
And now that we have a monthly challenge again I might just have the time! :tada: I miss being more active here and the week tends to fly by. Before I know it the next week and new challenge is already here lol :see_no_evil: looking forward to everyone’s new art!

7 Likes

Yea, so far I think the monthly is working out pretty well. More relaxed, less pressure and more time to work on other things as well.

Looking forward to seeing your Legion!

6 Likes

Having simple weeklies would be nice. Say Wonder Woman’s Shield or Dr. Fate’s Helmet of Nobu, etc… Something very specific for a quick sketch practice?

4 Likes

I’m all for drawing as much as possible, but I know it can be a grind.

I’m hoping if I make the monthly topic broad enough, anyone who wants to draw weekly can find new things in that topic to do so. Also, for anyone who needs more time, they can produce 1 piece a month and still feel like they are keeping up with things.

And maybe (just maybe) it will leave more time to draw some non-DC things or even some sequentials.

6 Likes

I’m going to cheat and re-post one I did for a Christmas request lol… I really loved the way it turned out, except for Saturn girl, she kinda looks wonky to me…

15 Likes

Nice posing! Great work!

2 Likes

Now that is cool!

1 Like

I remember this! Still awesome!

3 Likes

Ahh cute!! I love all the little details! Timberwolf climbing the tree just gets to me haha

5 Likes

Who is the flat chip guy (upper right)? I love the relaxed and expressions you gave them!

4 Likes

Ok, so. I got all excited and did 18! Tula is twice, one as a Sea Creature and next as a Surfer. Firehawk is the following picture (hoping it uploads). I plan on explaining more and probably reposting individual pics with my perspective on the character. The the I chose was Pride Identity. The Woman on the lamp pole is Tangent, who plays a central role along with Princess Amethyst. Lightning Lad is actually shown as a “double” for scientific reasons. The Flash is Bart Allen aka Impulse.

It loaded, sweet!

13 Likes

Bouncing Boy,

3 Likes

Mwaha! It’s been ages but gosh golly gee does it feel good to draw for the club again!
I tried to resist but I couldn’t, had to draw Superman X from the LOSH animated series. One of the few characters I’ve drawn several times before so it was nice to see my progress and how he looks in my current style. I had a hard time with the angle of the head/jaw line but after working at it for a few days I think I’m happy with it. Though I do think I missed his angry expression. It ended up a little softer than it started. :thinking:

14 Likes

@RobArt471 - Thanks for the kind words!

@niamton - I remember this one as well. Nice work, I like how you have Phantom Girl walking into the tree.

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303 - wow, 18 characters! It’s great to see your imagination run wild with the Legion.

@cici - so excited to see your work back here again! Fantastic Superman X! The shading and the colors are exceptional!

5 Likes

So happy to see your work here again! This is outstanding art! Great job!

2 Likes

WOW Kel looks hot?! LOL
My first time seeing your art, I love your style!! The colors are so good!! :eyes:
I like how you kinda kept the facial features from the animated show while also making him look more realistic, super cool, great work!!

4 Likes

Finally finished my redraw of the Disco Legion! lol I made quite a few costume changes (and added Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel even though they were technically retired at the time, because I love them :"D), but I tried to keep their original outfit concepts more or less intact. Tbh everyone looks a little wonky for different reasons, but on a piece this big I’m too lazy to fix it, so I hope y’all enjoy it anyway haha

Here’s the original picture for reference:

13 Likes

Mwahaha! Then I have succeeded! Lol :joker_hv_2: thank you! I tried to keep him still looking recognizable-ish and maintain his features but yeah, bring some realism into it.

Also great work oh your piece! How long did it take that’s so many characters to juggle! I’m curious how you went about it, do you do all the sketches, then all the lines, then all the color, or do you focus on completing one character at a time then move to the next?

3 Likes