DC Fan Art Club: July 2022 Spotlight- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes

Ahh he looks so cute!! I love Gates, great work!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Yes!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, this is awesome! I saw that episode with my dad as a kid before I knew anything about Legion but wow-- you nailed their faces :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Legion is my current obsession, so I have a bigger piece in the works at the moment, but in the mean time, here is a piece I did back in Feb of the three founders in their costumes from the 60’s! :smiley:

12 Likes

@Bar-El

4 Likes

:scream: Amazing @ImpulseMaxMercury! Could I post this to our Smallville Fan Club’s Kent Farm thread (crediting you of course) so other fans can marvel at this masterpiece! :face_holding_back_tears: It’s not only hyper realistic (:clap: :clap: :clap:) but you’ve got the perfect dialogue as well! :rofl: Well done!

Thanks for the tag @Don-El!

8 Likes

Smallville fans are appearing everywhere!!!

4 Likes

Really nice work @jihaehae! It’s great to see those classic costumes!

Also, thank you for the kind words on Gates!

4 Likes

Here’s a blast from the past. I drew this all way back in 1999! I’ve posted it on this site before, but it was last year and this is a good week for a repost.

This was actual ink and marker on paper :astonished:

14 Likes

This was my era of the legion. Got to meet Mike Grell last year. I bought some original Dawnstar art. Very nice guy.

13 Likes

Hey, good to see you back! This is awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks. I Really like your perspective on yours. That’s difficult to pull off. I always try to put in anatomy I wouldn’t really be able to see. I’m still lurking around. :batman_hv_3:

5 Likes

Welcome back to the community @jihaehae! :wave: Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :superhero:

3 Likes

Superb! Heck I thought is was the art you got from Grell at first look!

3 Likes

I’d love for it to be reposted on the Smallville page! It was one of my favorite shows from when I was younger and it always amazed me how many DC Comics cameos and stories they fit in. I’m glad you liked it. I’m known for my likenesses and I try to get the details just right. Just let me know when it’s posted and where do I can check it out!

4 Likes

We’ve always been here, waiting patiently.

3 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:
And ofc! Gates doesn’t get enough love T.T

2 Likes

Thanks!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I love how you did Dawny’s wings, wow!! The detail is insane :open_mouth: Great work!!

2 Likes

1980s era Shadow Lass!

13 Likes