DC Fan Art Club: January 2024 - All About Perspective!

Hi @DCFanArtClub! Since we are starting a new year, let’s try something we’ve never done before.

The topics for January are not about characters! You can choose any human, alien or monster you’d like, but you need to create something from 1) a bird’s eye view, 2) a worm’s eye view and 3) an extreme close up.

Wha? Huh? What’s that all about?

A lot of art is created from just a straight forward perspective. The view of the character is from the front, back or side, but the ‘camera’ is at the same level as the person. Things can get a lot more interesting when you move the camera above, below or really close to your subject.

Let’s take a look at a few examples.

A Bird’s Eye View is taken from above the characters (think of a bird flying above and looking down). It works well for flying characters or it’s a good opportunity to play with shadows for a standing figure.

A Worm’s Eye View is taken from below the figure (think of a worm on the ground looking up). Anatomy can seem really weird here depending on how extreme of a view you are trying to achieve.

An Extreme Close Up is an opportunity to show emotion or really dig into the details of a monster, creature or alien. Work those eyebrows!

Choose a favorite character and give it a try! It may get a bit challenging, but the best way to improve your skills is to draw something out of your comfort zone. You’ll never know what you’re capable of until you give it a shot!

Post your thoughts and work in the thread below and thanks for being a part of the art club here at DC Universe Infinite!

Due Date: January 31, 2024

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

18 Likes

This is a fantastic topic!! I hope we have more like this in store for the new year!!

7 Likes

Thanks Rob! I hope it doesn’t drive people too crazy, I know it can get a bit tricky. :grin:

9 Likes

Oh this is an interesting idea to start the year. Definitely something I’m have to work on more. Have some ideas to think up :thinking:

8 Likes

Well here’s what I came up with it ended up being a mixture of a bird’s eye view and a worms eye view it’s supposed to be Batman landing on the edge of the roof I thought it looked interesting enough to post

10 Likes

Definitely looks to be a worm’s eye view to me. I had a similar idea with Batman on a ledge. Good job :+1: :metal:

4 Likes

thank you

4 Likes

I would like to see how yours turns out.

4 Likes

I kept this one pretty simple, but this is my bird’s eye view drawing.

11 Likes

I really like it buildings like that are hard to do right.

3 Likes

It is looking great already you guys :smile:
This is my worm one, and it’s in a very new style for me, but I’m very much happy with how it turned out. (Even if the hair is blowing in a different direction than everything else)

12 Likes

SUCH a cool topic you’ve chosen this month. Looking forward to seeing how everyone plays more with perspective!

6 Likes

Wow I absolutely love this. Very very nice job!

5 Likes

looks great

4 Likes

have you read five point perspective?

edit to add. I got the name wrong .
I mean vanishing point by jason meyer.

5 Likes

Thank you! :pray:
They can be hard especially when you erase your perspective point. :rofl::crazy_face:

3 Likes

This is excellent. The wind is just swirling or maybe she is while flying. Imagination can make anything possible. :metal::metal::metal:

4 Likes

I have not seen that before. That is crazy awesome.

3 Likes

Cool concept! I can try with characters I’m comfortable with and practice more drawing techniques!

5 Likes

Worm’s eye view of the The Flash.

9 Likes