DC Fan Art Club: January 2023 Spotlight- Draft a Team, Gotham vs Metropolis and the Star-Family

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!

To start 2023, we have two requests from the community along with a personal favorite. I feel we can wrap all three together with one word - CHOICE!

Requested by @KingsharkDp4vr - draw your own DC team! Think of this as a Justice League Unlimited or Brave and the Bold team up! Pick your roster from any DC era and put together a group shot or a corner box style headshot lineup. The choices are really endless here!

JLU Members

Requested by @Bar-El - Compare the different styles of various DC cities and locations. While we cannot create new characters or costumes on this site, we can try and imagine what a New Year’s event would look like in places like Gotham, Metropolis, Hub City, Atlantis, etc. Pick a location or two, select some characters that exist in that city and draw what they would look like when attending a new year’s event! So many different combinations to choose from!

Starman Legacy - The Stargirl show finished up its run last month with a really amazing season. So many twists and turns that I didn’t see coming and an epilogue that made me wish we could have more seasons. We have drawn Stargirl and the JSA a few times over the past couple years so this time let’s look at the whole Star-family legacy. There is a Golden Age Starman, an alien Starman, Jack Knight from the 1990s, Stargirl and even some Star-people from the future. Choose your favorite!

Try your hand at any or all of the topics above throughout the month of January.
Post your thoughts and work in the thread below and thanks for being a part of the art club here at DC Universe Infinite!

Due Date: January 31, 2023
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

Edit:
Adding @DCFanArtClub tag

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1: stuff. A lot of cool topics here. Have some ideas :thinking:.

5 Likes

Me too

5 Likes

Adding some finishing touches it should be done soon!!!

6 Likes

I’ve made a plant based team up for my team. Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy, and Black Orchid. Really like how this came out. Had a lot of fun with this.

12 Likes

Wow, that is a very cool Swamp Thing! He really looks like he’s made up of different plants, leaves and trees.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it. Will there be some sharks??

5 Likes

Ohhhh yeaaa

3 Likes

The plant squad

1 Like

I promise it will be done by tomorrow

2 Likes

No rush, we all have the whole month to work on things.

4 Likes

Can I also help have things I wanna work on tio I think I can really add some great stuff

2 Likes

But do they have to be in same piece of paper ?

1 Like

Not really. You can assemble a team from several separate drawings if that works for you.

5 Likes

Cool and how many members do I need on it ?

3 Likes

Its ur own team u could have as much as ur team has yk what i mean

3 Likes

1 Like

Done together we have become Afro punks

9 Likes

Nice choices! I could see this happening.

4 Likes

For my team, I went with an 80s team up.

Classic versions of the Atom and the Spectre along with puffy sleeves Firestorm and flowing sleeves Zatanna (don’t remember big sleeves being such a thing in the 80s).

This one took a while, but I like how it turned out.

9 Likes