DC Fan Art Club: January 2023 Spotlight- Draft a Team, Gotham vs Metropolis and the Star-Family

Oooh I’ve got to think about this!

4 Likes

@JasonToddJr
Looks Awesome™:+1: they definitely seem like a cool team up.

@JKoco17
Looks awesome™:+1:. Definitely feels like an 80s team up. Nothing say 80s like the big sleeves :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

For the celebration I went with Themyscira. A young Diana sneaks off to see the warriors festival first hand.

Really like how this came out. Definitely one of my favorites I made.

7 Likes

This is a really nice composition. I was wondering what people would come up with for this topic (and I’ve gone back and forth myself a couple times on what I want to do) and you totally nailed it with great idea.

2 Likes

Haven’t done a big environmental piece in a while so it was nice see what I can do with one again.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope I didn’t get too ambitious.
I’m still working on my team but liking how it goes. Not sure yet if I will be able to do the other two challenges this month but we will see

2 Likes

For this month’s challenge, I decided to go back to one of my favorite and sadly missed shows for my favorite DC team: The Legends of Tomorrow! There have been so many members that I mixed and matched from a few seasons. I felt bad because I wanted to homage Justice League 1 by Maguire, and there were only so many slots. I had to leave a few of my favorites out.
Here’s the original reference

Here’s my drawing

10 Likes

Wow, it’s always great when you get ambitious. You end up producing something amazing!

3 Likes

Here’s Catwoman, Mera and Supergirl showing off the different styles of Gotham, Atlantis and Metropolis.

7 Likes

Thanks! As I mentioned, in order to do a true homage to the Maguire cover I had to pick only ten Legends. It was so difficult because they made me love all of them (well maybe not Mona or Hawkman but eh). I could have included all but then I’d be homaging Perez instead and maybe finish sometime in the summer

1 Like

Now that the last season of the Flash is starting up, it’s making me miss the Legends even more. Can’t believe it ended on a cliffhanger!

3 Likes

Here is what I’m working on currently.

8 Likes

Nightwing with the long hair! That’s from one of the animated series, right?

3 Likes

it is a Bruce Timm inspired/Reservoir dogs inspired poster. Yes, It is based on Batman the animated series.

3 Likes

True but although it didn’t resolve that and Booster Gold’s introduction was great but short, the rest of the episode played like a series finale and fond farewell to our family. I still want more but I also liked glimpse at their possible future

2 Likes

I love Mera’s dress! Nice work

2 Likes

Thanks! I based the design on the panel below, but got very lost in the detail and had to simplify it a lot. It really is amazing how much detail the pros put into each panel.

5 Likes

Hi there, it has been a while. You all have been doing so great, I was inspired to take a stab at this one. I did a Dark Knights Metal Squad with the OG Batman, Grim Knight and Red Death members. This is not fully realized, but as close as I will get for a while.

8 Likes

Hi there! Welcome back! It’s good to see you and your art again!

DK Metal Squad looks pretty awesome. When the pencils are tight and super clean, who needs inks?

3 Likes

Thank you very much!!

2 Likes