DC Fan Art Club: In Honor of Juneteenth

@loganmichaelphilips this was amazing. It’s almost effortless how he pulls out a whole array of weapons making me wonder what threat is large enough for that much firepower. Coming so soon after Denny’s passing, you made his creation proud.

2 Likes

@Viciousdark what can I say? The detail that goes into your drawings amazes me. Looking at this I also felt a little Mort Drucker if Mad Magazine with the insane detail into the circuitry. I mean that as a compliment as he was a master of fitting in a lot of detail. Very nice work!

2 Likes

@nightwing2005 your Superman looks regal and someone the others can aspire to. He stands so tall and you perfectly captured him.

2 Likes

@chongoboy1014 great job! I’m not as familiar with Duke but I can tell exactly what he is about and I like the little bit of Robin graffiti on the wall. I see his expression now closer and see the sorrow in his eyes. As I said I’m not familiar with his story but it makes me want to learn more

1 Like

@Goldk I’m a pencil and paper person myself so I appreciate old school. Amazing Man looked well amazing. It’s cool what you can do with no background or colors to make it pop. I loved Bloodwynd he looked intimidating. I’m not as familiar with the Legionaire so I’m glad for the caption. I felt the sound waves coming! Very ambitious to do three but you pulled it off

1 Like

@Z-A-C if that’s a quick sketch I’d love to see if you had more time! Loved the T spheres around his head. I loved when he came over to Arrow and your drawing was just Terrific!

2 Likes

@ddeleonvfx I’m just blown away. When I did my tribute to Denny O’Neil I included John in the picture. I wanted to go vintage to show his roots but I was worried it would’ve been too difficult. I would not have done half the job you did. Well done.

1 Like

@Z-A-C Fantastic job! Love the red trim on the jacket. Quick sketch or not, this is really well done!

@ddeleonvfx This looks amazing! It is very reminiscent of a comic panel and I love it! Great job!

@ImpulseMaxMercury Great job on Firestorm! I really like how you drew the fire - it looks awesome!

2 Likes

@WingsOfAether thanks! Fire is always a tricky thing to get looking right so I appreciate the compliment. Always trying to challenge myself and not make it easy

2 Likes

This took forever because I originally had them in their usual uniforms, but it felt boring, so I redid the clothing. Rocket, Vixen and Bumblebee (no, I don’t know what her wings are attached to)

Refs: Sorta poses, Outfits

18 Likes

@CynicalPink this was amazing! I love the colorful outfits and there is almost a Charlie’s Angels feel to this. This superhero team can kick butt!

2 Likes

you and me both!

I’ve only seen him on the Flash, but I love Firestorm! Really awesome job on his costume, and I like the gameface he’s wearing! I wouldn’t want to mess with him

1 Like

Thank you so much! This thread needed some love for the ladies!

1 Like

Thank you guys so much for the compliments!

1 Like

@loganmichaelphilips This SUPERB artwork!!! I am in awe!

2 Likes

@Viciousdark The line work is outstanding! LOVE it!

2 Likes

Staggering that this was a “quick” sketch @Z-A-C!

1 Like

It is amazing how perfect the “vintage” look is on this artwork. I have old GLs were he looks exactly like this @ddeleonvfx!

2 Likes

B-E-A-utiful. @CynicalPink this is fantastic work. The colors are so vibrant and perfect!

1 Like

Thanks very much! And for being supportive of the group!

1 Like