DC Fan Art Club: Feedback Forum

Feedback Forum

@DCFanArtClub, I bring to you our official Feedback thread.

This is the place to post your works-in-progress and get some constructive criticism.

:star: Few Quick Notes :star:

• Anyone can leave feedback, not just DCFAC members. If you’ve got working eyeballs, you’ve got the potential to help our artists.
  • Rude, nonconstructive remarks will be smited by @CynicalPink. This is a safe space for artists to grow and improve without fear of that kind of negativity.

Thanks to everyone who participates!

11 Likes

Ok so I want feedback on this piece, any criticism I’m fine with, and I’m wondering what kind of background, and other robins should be placed

13 Likes

Just from Art Appreciation classes, would consider a Robin or something else to draw your eye to the upper right to create an inverted pyramid.
But, really like what you’ve done.

5 Likes

Those are my favorite Robin’s that’s a very nice drawing.

3 Likes

I’m also thinking a Robin in the top right, with possibly another slinking in the lower left.

Backgrounds… what about the inside of an abandoned and delapidated circus tent?

7 Likes

How can I make this better? I don’t know what I don’t like about it, but I don’t like something. I’m also guessing 50% of you know what this is from?

3 Likes

Ok I’m just trying to help , but you positioning of the robin it a little off I made this quick 30 second demo to show you what I mean I hope this helps.

7 Likes

@AnonymousHQ Vicious is way better at this but in the same vein…

I think narrowing her jaw would help. I cannot draw with my finger + phone. :scream: hope what I’m trying to describe comes across

3 Likes

Thanks @CynicalPink!

Much better!

5 Likes

so I’ve got another one in, but what pose do you think could work in the top right. I’ve been trying for a while, and can’t get it right.

5 Likes

@AnonymousHQ Glad that helped! Nice work!

@loganmichaelphilips Would it work to have a Robin that’s leaping directly at the viewer? This isn’t really the angle I wanted, but I couldn’t find any people/critters going straight for the camera

4 Likes

:joy::joy:I think you mean something like this

And I’ll try and see what I think

5 Likes

@loganmichaelphilips the fact that you were able to whip out a robin that looked just like that cat killed me. I’m so done. :rofl::rofl:. And it’s coming along amazing. Keeping my fingers crossed you find the perfect pose !

4 Likes

Can anyone help me with this guys eye? I’m not sure how to get the angle right or make it look like theres not an empty socket?? Thanks so much!

20200427_171825

2 Likes

I can’t do this too well from my phone, but you just gotta angle his jaw more outward and then add a slight slant to his eye

My lines are exaggerated too much, but that’s the gist

Ps: really doesn’t look bad at all if you don’t want to take the chance with erasing that much :+1:

4 Likes

So kind but the eye really bugs/creeps me out :grimacing:

Thanks boss! That makes perfect sense! I will attempt since have plenty of time before posting is due. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I made this for my my for Mother’s Day, I messed up Martha Wayne’s face

4 Likes

I don’t think she looks bad at all. Part of what I like most about this is every mom has distinct features

2 Likes

I’ve been working on a Robin costume and I wanted to do something a little unique for his symbol. So I’ve been playing around with it, trying to redesign it, but also trying to make it reflect other Robin symbols. I wanted to get the opinion of some fans for which of these is the best.

0 voters

3 Likes

I kinda liked 1 as well, but worried it would be harder to make out the gold against the red. Hope you show us the whole costume when it’s finished!

3 Likes