DC Fan Art Club: Feedback Forum

I like the first one the most if I had to make any change it would be to have the red bordering the yellow be darker than the background, perhaps R burgundy.

2 Likes

Ok just finished this, wow sorry long post.

@CynicalPink I love all the things and events yā€™all do here. I kinda joined the club to just checkout all the cool work. I use to draw as a kid but for the last decade or so have barely done anything. First thing I drew in probably 7-8 years was some fan art for Don-Elā€™s Superhero Jim. I only have a few sketches right now. I am notorious for not finishing drawling even as a kid. There are so many great artist on here I donā€™t see the point in making a thread for mine or polluting someones thread with mine. I know this is a thread for critiquing but Iā€™m fairly aware of my flaws. does the club have a thread for randoms? Also I never got into using color, but as Iā€™ve just recently been given a sketchbook, I would like to explore it. Iā€™ve watched a few YouTube videos with folks comparing cheap and expensive marker/brushes and feel lost. biggest difference I see besides range of available colors and slight difference in bleeding is the quality of the flesh tone colors. Do yā€™all have a thread focused on color techniques and product or video recommendations. Thereā€™s this one woman on YouTube that does some amazing portrait stuff with just colored pencils and razor for fine highlights that are fantastic. been thinking about trying the color pencils before spending money on markers (but the marker work looks much better and faster).

4 Likes

Aw, Iā€™m really glad the club is helping you get back into art! There are so many ambitious art forums out there for budding professionals, so I had hoped this club would offer a safe/comfortable space for those who just want to have fun and express their love for DC.

And we do have a spot for random art!

As for a tutorials thread, I keep meaning to make one, and have been slacking. I think Iā€™m going to finish up work a little earlier than usual, so Iā€™ll start one up later today if I can.

3 Likes

Okay thanks for the link! I understand having limited time and this is just for fun. No stress on getting a thread up today, Iā€™ll be here whenever you get it up. Thank you for your hard work with this club! :hugs:

2 Likes

itā€™s my pleasure! :hugs:

2 Likes

Agree with CP hopefully youā€™ll post when complete! I picked 4 itā€™s a little Damian-esque and hes my favorite robin :grin:

2 Likes

Whereā€™s a troll when you need oneā€¦

Donā€™t be fooled. That ā€œPutting a Smile on Your Faceā€ next to my name has Joker-esque roots.

1 Like

Itā€™s just that I would like to watch the smiting.

1 Like

Some people just like to watch the world burn~

1 Like

That doesnā€™t seem very constructive. could be meā€¦

:rofl: Says the one who wants to see smiting for the heck of it lol

Not exactly; I just like to watch. Also, itā€™s a person being smited vs the world burning. Iā€™m sure from the right vantage point, watching the world burn might even seem romantic, but thatā€™s not what I am looking for right now.

So just to make sure I follow before making any grievous mistakes, you just want to see wrathful justice enacted on one person rather than many

1 Like

Yes. more of a one on one experience. Especially when said justice is enacted mercilessly. Thank you.

1 Like

This one without the black might make it pop.

:+1:

1 Like

Some robin and red hood and Batman art

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes