DC Fan Art Club 1 Year Celebration

You can sign up at Whitney’s website – https://www.gimmemoore.com/

She sends out updates on Mondays on where you find her on the web that week and what she’s been up to.

If you miss Clarke Wolfe, she hosts a show on The Walking Dead twitch channel now.
Wolfe’s Call, Wednesdays from 5-7PM central time.
https://www.twitch.tv/twduniverse/schedule

Hector Navarro is part of several groups as well.

@nerdist: Nerdist Book Club!

@HeroesReforged: Heroes Reforged!

@500GFPodcast: 500 Greatest Films!

6 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

Thank you!

Yeah I think villain came out in me on this one. They always lose. Everyone needs a win every once in a while. Like the coyote over the roadrunner or Tom should kick Jerry’s butt sometimes. Although to be honest, this one was influenced by the Snyder cut JL. In my head it was a cover to an comic issue with a dream sequence that Darkseid prevailed.

5 Likes

ooooh! And now I like it even more~

5 Likes

@stefanie.m I hope people don’t get sick of me parroting the same things again and again, but seriously, thank you (and everyone) so so much. Not just for this post, though it made my day when I first saw it (and continues to make me smile), but for all of the continued support and enthusiasm everyone shows to one another, regardless of how often I lag behind. It never fails to make me happy. I’m so proud and thrilled that the club has become what it has. :heart:

@_UnderScore You’ve never shared your snowflakes. And I outright cackled :joy: I can relate to the comings and goings of your comic fandom – I’m glad you’re with us now! Your creativity and sense of humor never fails to disappoint.

@ stef, part II: I’m so glad that you shared both the then and now, because wow! You said you feel more confident because everyone is so nice, but I hope your confidence in your skill has grown, too! Your 2020 Harley was great stuff, but she, Etrigan and the others are looking as good as the official art. :joy: Sorry you still hate supes, haha.

@ImpulseMaxMercury The transformation of your art has been such an inspiration to watch. I mean it in the nicest way when I say you often make me feel guilty for not working as hard to move forward. The detail and love that goes into your pieces always makes them incredibly entertaining to explore. I can come back to the same piece several times and keep spotting new things. And the further we’ve moved along with the club, the more adventurous and bold you’ve gotten with your choice of poses, perspective and style. You improve with every submission! Thank you for being with us since the very start!

@JKoco17 Hopefully you know how appreciative I am of your assistance with the group! It’s been wonderful having you join us. Thank you for always being such a team player and finding the time to support everyone while also producing such awesome work. I’m glad the career change didn’t totally derail your art hobby. And while all the masks look great, I kinda love the flash one, too.

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure this is me:

Your option 3 story method made me snort. :rofl: Thank you so much for being another source of constant helpful critiques and support for the entire club. You’re such a solid artist and it’s always exciting to see how you’ll apply your style to our crazy prompts. Since you’re a career artist, I look forward to the day when you’re a household name to comic geeks everywhere. We will all bug you for autographs, just to warn.

@NYJt3 I’ve always been grateful to Rocksteady for the awesome Batman games. Now I’m also grateful to them for having led you to DCFAC :smiley: When you finish getting your masters, please design shark repellant spray. I know we don’t see them often around here, but they scare me. Anyway! I know you joined us a little late, but I’m so happy you did! It was always fun chatting with you in Polls and other threads, but it’s very cool to see your artsy side, too. This gif is awesome! I actually cheated and opened it in photoshop just so I could see the different frames. The upclose punch is my fav! Hands AND that kind of perspective arent an easy feat.

@niamton Ha! I’m not sure what I like more – the desperate yell, or the fact that once he loses that grip, he’s gonna be hanging like a pinata until Al saves him. You always do such amazing things with inks, that I get why you would stick to b&w, but it’s great that the club has helped you explore new territory with your art! Even if life has a habit of interrupting, I’m glad you keep sticking with us. Also, never too late to contribute to a challenge! Babs is looking so good that i hope that piece doesnt wind up entirely abandoned.

You’re too sweet! Feeling more like this:

:sweat_smile:

@Goldk Gah, so much goodness, I don’t even know where to begin. I hope @biff_pow saw it for the Ambush Bug appearance! I was just about to reply to JKoco with some Perez fangasming, and this gives me that kind of vibe. So many details and such great expression coming through (especially loving Swamp Thing). 5-star introduction, with this art piece. And even if you can’t make all of our challenges, you impress whenever you do. Thank you for being with us for all this time!

@RobArt471 I really hope someday you have the opportunity to share your art with DC and Marvel again – whether through a community event around here, or whatever other outlets they offer. Your artwork could be straight from a cover, and your love of the fandom shows. Don’t ever let go of that DCFAC lifeline (and I promise to do the same, because you guys are what keep me arting in a time when I’d otherwise spend my time being a dull potato)! Thank you so much for being such a phenomenal team player and always being there to support everyone.

9 Likes

I’ll see what I can do :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Ahhahgghh i don’t know how to words anymore than Thank you CP your too kind :sweat_smile: that would be a dream come true for sure!

And while that dumpster is adorable I think ur more like da :bomb:

5 Likes

I don’t know what to say. Your opinion about how my art has grown means so very much to me. I initially started in the club to have fun and try my hand at drawing again. I never expected to grow as an artist. I still am timid when it comes to drawing my own poses for the characters rather than taking an existing pose, and I still feel a lot of what I do is draw from reference whereas I see a lot of true artists on this group who could start working for DC today. I have miles to go, but I know I can get there as this group has been so supportive and encouraging, which says a lot because the internet can be a place to feel small and want to just crawl up and die.
My mind is bursting with various pop culture references and I try to go for obscure in some of my work as almost a quiz to others to guess what I was thinking. I’m glad you feel the need to go back and see what other items I may have slipped in there to get noticed. I could put so much more if we did not have the rule of non-DC items, but I have found the challenge interesting to still entertain myself with what I can draw.
Thanks again for starting this cub. I am glad I have been one of the founding members, and I hope to continue to be around to welcome all the newcomers.

5 Likes

Thanks! My legends return May 2nd!!! soon!

5 Likes

You’re most welcome, though I don’t need any thanks! The club has been a positive space for me, too (like you said, the internet can be pretty harsh). And I also always need a reference when working, so we can grow in that area together. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thats epic

2 Likes