DC Fan Art Club 1 Year Celebration

Such a great piece of work! Poor bman hehe

Oooh nice! Have you debut any of that work here :thinking: very cool that you’ve been trying other mediums!!

7 Likes

Started working on a BOP one, but life took my spare time for a bit:
This was for the Anime style challenge, but unfortunately never finished…

9 Likes

Pshaw madam pshaw.
tenor

9 Likes

Oh shoot in the sketch dump space! I remember seeing this! For some reason my brain goes right to the xmas present ones.

7 Likes

I jumped into this club with both feet waving my hands over my head like an excited Kermit the Frog. I was so excited about the challenges, and the club has not disappointed.
Work and life sometimes restricts my amount of involvement, but I love being able to flex my artistic muscle on an idea or a character that I would have never come up with by myself.
I enjoy seeing everyone’s take on the same prompt. Not only does this club foster a great community of talented artist but comedians as well. More than once I have laughed so hard I broke all my furniture.
I started collecting comics in the seventies. (yes you read that right, the seventies). That’s why most of my art looks old school. It’s what I grew up with and what I love.
So I never did the meet the artist challenge so here’s my chance to correct that.

Yes. That is me in the superman costume.
No I don’t actually own one. . . .
not anymore.

12 Likes

Holy details batman! This is amazing. I really love the scope of characters you have in this especially Bug and Bman morphing into swampy or vice versa cool effect! And the different tools you use in the corner super :ok_hand: and the you hunched over the table making art. :+1:

7 Likes

Sorry, I had to wait to get off work to post.

I have always loved to draw, as far back as I can remember. I actually focused on it for a time and tried my hand at landing a gig somewhere. Nothing really happened for me. I got some cool letters from both Marvel and DC, but ultimately they were rejection form letters. I did get a very nice hand written letter from Erik Larsen once, but that was about as good as it got. Met my wife, got a serious job, had some kids and moved on. I dabbled a little here and there, cause the kids liked watching and sometimes drawing together. Fast forward lots of dog years and I quite by accident found DC Universe. Like others, I got it for the shows and the comics. I found this community and more specifically the DCFAC. I looked around and saw all the awesomeness. It sparked that tiny flame I still had for drawing. April is a year for me, and in these past 12 months or so I have drawn more than I have in all of those dog years put together. I owe my sanity, enjoyment and burning desire to do the best I can to all of you. @CynicalPink you have created a life line for me and I am holding on with both hands and never wanna let go. THANK YOU! Thanks to all of you! I love seeing your imaginations come to life and sparking mine to try and live up to the glorious art you all produce. I have learned so much and value it more than you may believe.

Rob.

I always think of myself as a penciller. So, I present my drawing as a pencilled piece. Please except my humble drawing as my interpretation of me as an artist, a guy with a pencil and paper (& eraser :grin:). —

10 Likes

Both art and words is too much. :cry: Well said man.

6 Likes

Just read through the thread. I love all the art everyone did! I would be remiss to try and comment on them all. To afraid to miss someone. They are all absolutely fantastic and I love your stories. We all have so much in common it is scary & kinda nice too. We love art and we love expressing ourselves through it. Beautiful work to everyone!!

Peace.

6 Likes

Thank you. And thank you for the hard work putting this together. You deserve a round of :clap: !!

7 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:
I can picture this being true for bats :joy:

5 Likes

Wow that is awesome™:+1:
The colors are amazing such great details. Like a crisis on infinite arts :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

As I said yesterday very awesome™:+1:. Like the detail of the dead league in the back.

5 Likes

Second this :clap::clap:

6 Likes

Great work everyone! This group continues to be a full of positivity.

@_UnderScore - Nice polished picture. From the Creeper to the background to the colors, all very well done.

@stefanie.m - your Etrigan is cute, but devilish. I think this group needs an Etrigan week.

@ImpulseMaxMercury - very good composition. You’re consistently able to juggle multiple characters effectively.

@cici - professional quality work as always. I also really miss DC Daily. It was a nice way to wind down the day. Are you signed up for the Weekly Whit e-mail?

@NYJt3 - great animated gif! Very ambitious and you pulled it off really well.

@niamton - your early work was great. Hope one day you can finish the BOP one. It’s almost there!

@Goldk - the composition gives off George Perez vibes. Definite bonus points for including puffy sleeves Firestorm!

@RobArt471 - really great (and really dark) piece. If this is your interpretation of you as an artist, are you more Darkseid or Superman?

I think that’s everyone! Big thank you to @CynicalPink for moderating the group and to @stefanie.m for organizing this challenge.

7 Likes

Thank you!!

Great question. I would say more so Batman. He’s a little both. Just not the dead one. :joy:

Although, and I am sure you get this already. I meant the piece is an interpretation of me as an artist by the pencilling techniques used to create it. Also as an artist, I like to create a scene that makes you want to know the rest of the story. I try to pull that off on everything I draw, but to varying effect at times.

6 Likes

Cough @CynicalPink cough just kidding!

7 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

5 Likes

What is this weekly email you speak of :eyes:

5 Likes

Great job! The shading is so nice and dramatic, and I just noticed everyone in the background. :ok_hand: Awesome touch. Superman’s expression is till my favorite part he looks dazed and totally just…gone

6 Likes