DC Daily wants to know: Who would make up your Justice League Dark Roster?

They had him escape his life in Limbo town. He didn’t want to follow their rules & way of life. Since then he’s helped Batman, Superman, Shadowpact, Task Force X to name a few. Even cast him in the newest version of Seven Soldiers working to save the Earth.

2 Likes

Oh & not de-powered & he works with Dr. Fate. Depending on what you’re reading and when he’s both good & bad. The more recent reads he’s basically a free agent.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info, @capo-mage
It sounds like they’ve given him a redemption arc lately.
I hope their is a big twist fall back to straight villainy coming at some point. I love Klarion as the obnoxious, super powerful bratty kid.

2 Likes

Oh me too. He’s one of my faves b/c of that. He’s still that character in a lot of reads too. It just depends on what’s being read. The way I look at it after reading a lot of his stuff. He usually only leaves the Dark Side when there’s a crisis. All I mentioned were crisis situations. That’s why I picked him for JLD. They thrive on crisis & end of the world situations. Also, you’re very welcome & I’m glad u asked cuz others probably thought the same thing but didn’t say it. Plus say it it in a positive manner & thank me for the info. That’s cool of u.

2 Likes

Okay, so here’s what I’m thinking:
Zatanna and Constantine are obvious. They’ve got such an interesting dynamic, and they ground the team quite well

Next, I’m voting for Black Adam. I imagine he would join the team begrudgingly, and he’d be a source for a ton of conflict. Of course, by his side would be his bride Isis, who would help to even him out a little.

I think Hawkgirl could make a good addition, too, as she investigates more about her cycle of reincarnation and grapples with the ever looming threat of Hath Set.

Finally, I’ll toss in both Detective Chimp and Question, mostly because I want to see what kind of dynamic they would have. I think that could just be fun to see play out, regardless of what team they’re on.

2 Likes

Core of Constantine, Zatanna, and Deadman, with otherworldly guidance from Madam Xanadu. Can’t forget favorite gumshoes Detective Chimp and The Question. But we need a ?younger perspective from Raven too.

1 Like

Obviously when it’s time for Raven to get Promoted from Teen Titans…

1 Like
  1. Constantine and Zantana are a must for the JLD.
  2. Red Hood: considering his experiences with the Lazarus pit and all caste, I think Jason Todd would fit in as a more grounded character and here an exploration into his dealings with the otherside could be possible. Also, I think his personality could play off John Constantine’s personality well if written properly.
  3. Raven: do I really need to explain this one?
  4. Wonder Woman: gods, goddesses, and magic. Also, she could help balance out Red Hood and perhaps help him grow as a hero.
  5. Black Adam: I haven’t read too much where he is featured and I only know him from injustice 2. From what I’ve seen there, he has a mix of heroic and self-serving qualities that could make him the “wildcard.” His motives for helping the JLD could be questionable and this would be a fun dynamic to see in a JLD storyline.
  6. Azrael: just seems cool to throw out there.
  7. Essence
3 Likes

This is a fantastic group!

I personally would pick Constantine, Etrigan, Deadman, Xanadu, and either Katana or Phantom Stranger. I love all these characters, but I have little knowledge of Katana outside of the DCEU(yikes) and Phantom Stranger outside of Swamp Thing, so choosing between them is really difficult

1 Like

Idk why but im feeling jonah hex on the justice league dark think hes dealt with magic people before

Aquaman Amazo (justice league edition) Dr fate and hawk girl