DC Daily wants to know: Who would make up your Justice League Dark Roster?

Wonder Woman
Green Lantern Alan Scott, in his original capacity as a “weird” mystic figure rather than his now traditional role as an elder True Hero
Zatanna
Doctor Fate
Black Adam
Original John Constantine
Good Solomon Grundy

6 Likes

Constantine, Zatanna, and Swamp Thing are the core of the team. Rounding out the team would be Jessica Cruz, Raven, and Papa Midnite.

3 Likes

I’m diggin’ the current lineup. Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Zatanna & Constantine are all favorites of mine and I love getting to see them together. I’d add Xanadu.

5 Likes

Constantine
Zatanna
Dr Fate
Alan Scott
Black Adam

2 Likes

Zatanna, Constantine, Omen, Obsidian, Blue devil, shazam, xanadu and clarion the witch boy

5 Likes

Why isn’t Martian Manhunter used more?! He’s arguably more powerful than Superman, and his powers are near limitless. He’s like Play-Do and I feel like nobody’s played with him correctly. lol

5 Likes

I would LOVE to see this. Planetary is one of my favorite books of all time.

2 Likes

The Phantom Stranger, Wonder Woman, Raven, John Constantine, Zatanna, Etrigan , & Mr. Terrific.

The Phantom Stranger: He would be the teams “trouble alert”. If anybody knows where their is paranormal activities going on it’s TPS.

Wonder Woman: She is a natural born leader and will throw herself into the fray without a second thought. She can rally the JLD troops for battle and they’ll listen to her. Even Constantine would shut his pie hole and listen to Wonder Woman. Also, she has literally been to Tartarus and back, so fighting demons, not an issue for her.

Raven: She is an actual demon and can let it rip when the situation calls for it.

John Constantine: Why? Cuz he’s John Constantine ya bloody wankers!!

Zatanna: She’s a powerful magician. JLD needs a powerful magician. Also, the combo of Z and WW would keep Constantine “in his place”

Etrigan: We need another demon in the group for physical power. He’ll leap into a fight quicker than WW. They are the 1-2 punch needed for attack and to give others time and/or protection to use their magical powers.

Mr Terrific: His point of view is “magic is just science we don’t yet understand”. As his knowledge base of “magic” grows, he can figure out how apply science and technology to protect the team. Also, he is an excellent leader, especially in “quarterbacking” a mission.

Honorary Members

Swamp Thing: I just don’t think he’d care enough about most of the missions as not every mission is going to effect “the green”. If “the green” is in peril, ST is there.

Deadman: Depends on who we are going up against. Strictly mystics and his power is pretty much useless. A cult leader with lots of human followers, Deadman is ‘da man.

5 Likes

Roster:

Jason Blood/Etrigan
Constatine
Zatanna
Deadman
Shining Knight
Green Lantern

3 Likes

I was tempted to add Mr. Terrific to my roster, but I decided not to as I felt magic and mysticism to the degree the JLD typically experiences them were outside his wheelhouse.

However, you make a good case for why he should be on the team.

3 Likes

Zatanna
Xanadu
Nightshade
Klarion & Teekl
Constantine
Blue Devil
Ragman
Black Alice
Traci 13
Dr. Fate
Phantom Stranger
Enchantress
Shade the changing man
Princess Amethyst
Detective Chimp

3 Likes

Personally?
John Constantine
Zatanna
Wonder Woman
Man-Bat
Andrew Bennet
Solomon Grundy
Etrigan
Detective Chimp
-M

3 Likes

Hmmm…

My team would be:

Frankenstein
Swamp Thing
Etrigan
Enchantress
John Constantine
Dr. Fate
G’Nort (well he just found his way into the group on accident)

3 Likes

I’ve got:

Raven
Dr. Fate
Etrigan
Artemis
Isis

3 Likes

I gotta ask. How does JLD recruit Klarion & Teekl? What’s their incentive?

3 Likes

Klarion & Teekl have worked with the JL b4. The newer stuff has him as a free agent. He worked with Shadowpact & members of the JL in Sorcerer Kings. Shadowpact is basically a JLD. A group of magi working as heroes. He’s also a heroic figure in the Klarion mini. He hated being stuck in Limbo Town. So, he is protective of the Earth. His incentive would be to protect his new home. Just as he did in Sorcerer Kings.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for Klarion, but Teekl gets a giant bowl of Meow Mix.

Plus a very big ball of string, courtesy of one Max Schreck.

3 Likes

Even worked with Task Force X vs Villains. With magical beings involved.

3 Likes

Teekl did help big time in Sorcerer Kings. Only b/c Klarion commanded him too.

3 Likes

@capo-mage
I’m obviously behind on my Clarion, had no idea. Still seems a bit weird to me. Have they depowered him so he no longer an equal of dr. Fate and on the side of chaos?

2 Likes