:dc: 🎆 DC Comics in 2024: What Are You Excited For? 🎆 :dc:

2024 is right around the corner and with it, DC looks to have quite the impressive year planned across its publishing, outside media and consumer products ranges.

Based on what we know of what’s coming from the brand in '24 so far, I’m boarding the 'ol DC Hype Train™ for:

Publishing

• Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #25
  • The Superman Superstars-era of Action Comics
  • Kneel Before Zod
  • Sinister Sons
  • Suicide Squad: Dream Team
  • Barda
  • Primer’s single issue release (paging my fellow Primer fan, @Shayera.Hol)
  • Wonder Woman #7
  • Batman: Dark Age
  • The return of Elseworlds
  • Ape-ril Special
  • JLApe: The Complete Collection
  • WildC.A.T.S Compendium One
  • JLA Book One (At last, a trade run of JLA that collects everything bearing the JLA brand)
  • The Compact Comics line
  • The 85th anniversary of Superman v1 #1
  • Batman’s 85th anniversary
  • Supergirl’s 65th anniversary
  • Zero Hour’s 30th anniversary
  • The 20th anniversary of Superman: Godfall (paging @Bar-El, my Godfall partner-in-crime)
  • The 20th anniversary of Superman: For Tomorrow
  • The 20th anniversary of Identity Crisis

Outside media:

• The 40th anniversary of Supergirl (1984)
  • The 35th anniversary of Tim Burton’s Batman
  • The 30th anniversary of the WildC.A.T.S TV series
  • The 25th anniversary of Batman Beyond
  • The 20th anniversary of Justice League Unlimited
  • New seasons of My Adventures with Superman and Harley Quinn (assuming they’re in-progress and on-schedule)
  • The Penguin TV series (Providing its back on schedule and planned for a '24 roll-out.)
  • Suicide Squad: Isekai
  • Creature Commandos TV series
  • The DTV Crisis on Infinite Earths trilogy
  • Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’s home video release (saw it in-theater twice :+1:t2: :+1:t2:)

Consumer Products

• The 40th anniversary of Super Powers
  • The 35th anniversary of Toy Biz’s DC toy lines (Batman and DC Comics Super Heroes)
  • The 30th anniversary of Playmates’ WildC.A.T.S toy line
  • The 30th anniversary of Kenner’s Legends of Batman line
  • The 25th anniversary of DC Super Heroes
  • The latest and greatest from McFarlane Toys’ Super Powers line (Can you say “Kilowog”? How about “Blue Beetle” and “the Bug ship”? Try “Brainiac” and “Brainiac’s Skull Ship” on for size as well.)
  • The latest and greatest :superman:uper-wares from McFarlane Toys’ DC Multiverse line
  • Lock-Up making his action figure debut in series 2 of McFarlane Toys’ BTAS line
  • News pertaining to Superman: Legacy’s merchandise in 2025 (No such thing as planning too early.)

Miscellaneous

• News about DC’s 90th anniversary and Superman: Legacy in 2025 (Again, you can never plan too early.)

What DC schtuff will you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: jump for joy for in 2024?

12 Likes

You know. Stuff.

9 Likes

“I tried to avoid all of this but I can’t.”

:00_batman_1989: :tada: :00_batman_1989: :tada: :00_batman_1989:

:00_harley_quinn: :ivy_kiss: :00_harlivy:
:cobb_squad: :purple_heart: :harleys_crew:
#25MoreSeasons

11 Likes

^^^

11 Likes

More reading in DC Universe Infinite Library and more visit to the community board!
Watch Smallville, Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series, so I’m a old timer.:laughing:
In all honesty I hope we can finally see Batman: Caped Crusader, can’t wait for the new Penguin Series and more new comic reading as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

:purple_heart::hugs:

Agreed. :+1:

10 Likes

Looking forward to finally picking up The Question Omnibus Vol. 2 in February!

10 Likes

Batman’s big 3-5 is very high-up on my list too, as it and merchandise pertaining to it was my first step into the great, grand and glorious world that is DC.

#Classof89

Don’t tell nobodies, but…says the following in a hushed tone I still haven’t finished season 4 (I only have two episodes left, but I just haven’t had time for 'em as of late).

I already tagged you on this in Collector’s Corner, but I’m sure that as far as consumer products go, you’ll be in for this lovely piece of plastic:

Is there anything from the publishing side of the DC coin that’s floating your '24 boat yet?

:raised_hands:t2:

Have you been reading the Wayward Son back-up in Green Lantern?

The Office gif. John Krasinski as Jim pumps his fist as his eyes grow wide and he says, "Yes!"

What titles are ya hyped for, Mr. President?

Same. IDK what its current status is, but it sounded like a cool show, so I hope its still coming along…especially since a debut during 2024 would serve as a nice tie-in to Batman’s 85th anniversary.

Likewise.

Now, let me pick your brain: Are you reading the Dawn of DC Penguin mag and if so…what do you think of it?

Any recently-announced '24 titles you’re particularly excited for?

Speaking of noteworthy omnibuses releasing in early '24, I’m kinda-sorta thinking of picking this delightful, readable doorstop up in March:

8 Likes

Well, I really enjoy reading Superman78: Mental Curtains, the first issue was really good, and like @DC89, I’m really excited to read Batman89: Echos!
More issues of World’s Finest: Teen Titans & Batman/Superman: World’s Finest, that’s as far as I know, I hope and would love to see alot more old archives comics on here, that’d be great to see! :grinning:
And yes I have been reading the new Penguin series, love it, hope it’ll continue like the Joker comics.

9 Likes

It was! I’m looking forward to the Ultra debut of #2.

I’m looking forward to Echoes as well.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Batman '89 mini, so I hope Echoes can improve where the previous tale faltered.

Yes! :raised_hands:t2:

Did you read World’s Finest #21 yet?

I’m looking forward to the return of the archive releases. They’ll be back before we know it.

How do you like King’s take on Pengy in comparison to his other works?

8 Likes

I’ve just finish reading Batman/Superman: World’s Finest #21, I really like it, I think it was interesting, I just feel sorry for Superman.
As for The Penguin comic, I think it’s good, I hope it’ll continue to do well, I definitely need to reread it. :penguin_starehqtas:

7 Likes

Speaking of :superman:uper Ultra reads, Superman #8 debuted today and it was good.

I’m hip-deep in WF #21 right now (don’t tell my boss, aka me, though :shushing_face: :wink:) and so far, its yet another enjoyable read in what is DC’s best ongoing, bar-none.

I’m holding off on reading it until the Penguin series debuts on Max. That way, I can simultaneously enjoy solo Penguin action on the page and on-screen.

8 Likes

im hyped for the rumored mcfarlane cass cain and plastic man figures

8 Likes

The rumored Plastic Man wave does indeed sound pretty sweet.

8 Likes

I have not! I thought Sinister Sons was a one-shot!

7 Likes

Yessir! I’ve barely completed the 80th anniversary collection books, but I’m dang sure still going for the 85th editions

Yes

7 Likes

Movie gif. Jim Carrey as Fletcher Reede from Liar Liar clutches his face as he leans away in playful horror.

Wayward Son begins here:

The main story in that issue is also quite rad, as I’m sure my fellow Jeremy Adams fan @millernumber1 will attest to.

Noodles o’er to the DC homepage and reads the press release for Sinister Sons, then looks up the title in the brand-new ish of DC Connect.

Per the press release and page 19 of DCC #44, it looks like Sinister Sons is an ongoing.

If its anything like Super Sons, I think we’re going to be in for another treat from Mr. Tomasi.

Any of the above standing out in particular, or is it just a big smoosh-up of groovy reads (re-reads maybe?) for ya?

8 Likes

Darn right!

9 Likes

Darn tootin’, pard! :cowboy_hat_face:

Now, don’t be shy. What are you looking forward to from DC next year?

8 Likes

For Tomorrow and Zero Hour are the ones I’m more excited for. The other two are new to me, and I think seeing the 20th anniversary label is a nice push for me to get reading on them

8 Likes