DC Comic Book News [Potential Spoilers]

A special issue of Action with Kara and J’onn?

As Waylon Smithers once said, “I want it! I want it!”

Doomsday coming back during the big 8-5 makes sense. I hope he doesn’t take any Kryptonians with him this time, though.

I bet Grant Morrison’s thrilled about Bloodwynd’s return. We know just how much they love him, mmhmm.

4 Likes

Looks like john stewart title is called Green Lantern War Journal.

4 Likes

Is that the Phillip Kennedy Johnson series? Did they announce an artist?

3 Likes

Knight Terrors Night’s End by Howard Porter:

The issue will have dr hate (sounds like the enemy of dr love) who maybe has a hate helmet similar to dr fate.

4 Likes

My guess is the artist of the backup will also be the artist of the upcoming title. Montos (Osvaldo Pestana Montpeller) has instagram montos1985 which in the future, might have some art of the john stewart title so maybe monitor the instagram.

2 Likes

This reminds me of my problem with event Leviathan. a villain who gathers all the secrets of various groups and has both heroes and villains working with them, but considering that A) the heroes have faced or were facing threats way bigger than them. B) The logic behind their plans make no sense.

Looking at those assassins, I could feel the internal cringe Amanda Waller felt considering these people as the best in any capacity. No Silencer, Deathstroke, Deadshot, and even lady shiva in these pictures. Heck I would love even Wildstorm’s Kev Hawkins and Tommy Monaghan.

Amanda Waller should canonically know that earth’s metahumans are actually a good buffer and supply against terrestrial or dimensional threats should one of them want to destroy the world. Her plans honestly made more sense in last year Suicide squad where she simply incapacitated earth 3 villains and installed her own justice league on their planet.

3 Likes

For a more powerful pawn, amanda waller does have a bizarro superbat (looks like a combination of bizarro superman, bizarro batman plus yellow lantern ring). Superbat (with green lantern ring) was on the covers of dark crisis 7 but I do not remember seeing him inside the story altho there was a brief look at Amanda Waller’s bizarro superbat.

3 Likes

Sandman by riley rossmo:

6 Likes

Knight Terrors superman 2 by gleb melnikov:

6 Likes

The more I see from Knight Terrors, the more I’m convinced to make the whole thing an Ultra read, including the Superman-related tie-ins.

3 Likes

knight terrors night’s end by mico suayan:

knight terrors night’s end by dan mora:

superman annual by mahmud asrar:

5 Likes

I must, the variants previewed for Knight Terrors have for the most part been great so far.

3 Likes

What do people think about the G’Nort’s Illustrated Swimsuit collection of covers in August? And solicitations in general? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whew! That is one long solicitation list.

All the variant cover artwork is making me want to check out Knight Terrors a bit more, even if horror was never my cup o’ tea.

As for the swimsuit thing… eh… I don’t feel strongly about it either way. I’ll probably check out that cover gallery when it’s available on Ultra :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

Pointless. These have been done and were a bunch of fan service. It is not hard to find that in normal comics. Just read Infinity Inc, which is filled with swimsuit scenes.

It is just pretending that part of comic sales are not showing off hot people in skin tight clothes, and that an untapped market exists. It already exists. It is like Walmart making new stores to target rural people.

3 Likes

Harsh! I don’t think it’s SUPER interesting, but I do like buying the Artgerm ones! And the Otto Schmidt Action Comics one this year is funny too.

5 Likes

The focus is bad.
Why is Clark in the back and to the side? Even Worse Supergirl is in the way. She should quit photobombing.

4 Likes

When you say “bad,” I say “just right” :wink:

5 Likes

knight terrors zatanna 2 by dan mora:

6 Likes

They are usually pretty silly, but I do love the Jenny Frisson Wonder Woman piece, but not enough to buy it. Like @moro I will thumb through it on DCUI.

6 Likes