DC Comic Book News [Potential Spoilers]

Hey there fellow DC fans. This thread is to discuss DC comic book news. Did a recent solicitation or article grab your attention? An artist or writer post something on their social media feed, or mention something in an interview that you thought was interesting? Let’s share and discuss here! Links if you can, please!

Also, if you avoid spoilers like the plague, this may not be the thread for you. Sometimes stuff about upcoming comics contains reveals, as you probably know :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes

This is what prompted me to create the thread. Often times I run into stuff like this and I scramble searching for a place to post it.

From Daniel Sampere’s Instagram:

That was surprising to me, but I’m excited for it. Actually I’m just excited for this run on WW, period.

8 Likes

Welcome, Trinity! Intrigued to meet her, but I hope there’s still room for the rest of the Wonder Woman family!

5 Likes

I find the name choice rather intriguing. I mean, they know what DC fans think of when the word “Trinity” is mentioned, right?

5 Likes

The interview with King very much underlines her as a spiritual sister to Jon and Damian, so the name choice is very much on purpose.

6 Likes

Oh, now I’m even more intrigued. Who was the interview with?

5 Likes

Ok found the interview. Good read.

Notable quote:

3 Likes

Okay. My team is amazing.

5 Likes

To paraphrase Mr. Burns, “Trinity”, eh?

To quote Barney Gumble, “I like it!”

Sounds like a cool character and I really like her design. Maybe her and Yara Flor will be pals? :man_shrugging:t2:

Likewise. Everything that’s been announced for it so far sounds quite wonderful.

5 Likes

I just read a story about Trinity before seeing this! I am looking forward to reading this.

3 Likes

Maybe 5g is really still alive.

3 Likes

Looks like there is a new superman event about superman family vs doomsdays. martian manhunter and bloodwynd are guest stars. Lots of dc titles are now using guest stars to promote characters with no titles. They can use Bloodwynd in a new justice league dark. Bloodwynd used to be part of the magic group called conclave. Pre flashpoint, there was a preview of Red Coven vs magic heroes, but the story was never continued.

4 Likes

In a version of 5G that is character-driven and not publisher enforced, yeah. Hopefully.

3 Likes

Usually when I hear the word “Trinity” I think of the character from They Call Me Trinity (1970) and Trinity is Still My Name. Well, that’s if we’re not talking about DC (which we are). I will be interested to learn about the new character.

5 Likes

Just saw a news article about this:

I welcome a another Doomsday story. It’s been a while.

5 Likes

I had forgotten all about these movies! They were hilarious.

Apparently there is still a fan base:

5 Likes

As I think more about it, I am glad they are expanding the “Wonder Family” with Trinity. Since it will be a glimpse in the future, there is no telling if this character will stick around or not.

Maybe they put the story in the future so that if she is popular she can travel time and come for a lengthy visit, but if not then they can safely ignore her.

The real Trinity:

IMG_5241
IMG_5242

(Okay, I’ll show myself out now).

5 Likes

King is saying they will be telling the story of how that future came to be. Which leads to more questions? Is it a story that spans 20+ years? Or will it end with Lizzie’s birth, thus implying the future events will actually take place? And of course the question you asked about how permanent of a change this will be. Only one way to find out.

6 Likes

I knew the Trinity movies still had a following, but I never expected an action figure based on the movies!

6 Likes

Dawn Of DC Primer by Leandro Fernandez:

So far, the assassins do not look that dangerous. Hopefully, bug eyed bandit will not succeed in killing Atom Ray Palmer. I started from the bronze age and I remember when Black Spider first fought Batman. I would not worry about Crazy Quilt being able to kill Batman. The assassin Jonathan Drew is currently in Danger Street and I seem to remember him fighting superman during pre flashpoint. During the bronze age, Jonathan Drew fought Snake. Lady Vic and Shrike are Nightwing villains. Trident is a rarely used Titans villain. Joshua Williamson used Trigger Twins when he was writing Barry Allen. Body Doubles first appeared in Resurrection Man 1 and I still miss Resurrection Man. Hellhound started in Catwoman. Constantine Drakon might go after Green Arrow.
Behind Peacemaker and Peacewrecker is the batman villain Gunsmith.
Dark Crisis 7 showed some pawns of Amanda Waller. Bloodsport and Bizarro superbat maybe will go after the superman family.

4 Likes