DC Collectible News

It was a Hal Jordan figure produced in the Justice League Unlimited line, and only for Mattel employees and friends of the company during the Christmas season several years ago (2005/6/7-ish).

It’s never been produced for commercial sale and is quite difficult to come by.

2 Likes

Well that’s stupid.

1 Like

It was.

Granted, Hal was never on the show in anything more than an ever so brief cameo, but it’s the principle behind the matter that upset so many.

Mattel: “Want a DCAU Hal Jordan?”

Fans: “YES!”

Mattel: “We hope you or someone you know works at Mattel, because we’re producing him as a Christmas handout to those folks, and that’s the only way we’ll ever release him.”

Fans: :rage:

At the time of his “release”, the Justice League Unlimited line was heavily reliant on on-camera characters, so Holiday Hal was an abnormality that we could live without.

Once the line shifted into the Target (and then later, Matty Collector) exclusive Fan Collection expression, that was when all manner of characters not on the show began to appear in the line (as well as variations of characters that were on the show).

It was at that time that Hal should have appeared in the line. Not the Holiday Hal necessarily, but at least A Hal Jordan in his Green Lantern duds, complete with his domino mask.

There is a flight suit Hal Jordan figure in the JLU line, released as part of a San Diego Comic Con exclusive three-pack with Abin Sur and Sinestro. The heads can be swapped, so you CAN get a Hal in his GL garb figure, just without his domino mask. So, at least Mattel tried to make up for their blunder. Just not as well as they could have.

2 Likes

I see another new round of pre-orders available so thought I’d share:

Eaglemoss Batman Decades 2000s and 2010s

Diamond Select Toys Justice League Animated Premier Collection Superman

Diamond Select Toys Gallery Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)

Diamond Select Toys Gallery Batman Returns Catwoman

Diamond Select Toys Gallery Bane

Diamond Select Toys Batman The Animated Series 1/2 Scale Bust

5 Likes

Mafex just announced a “Dark Knight Triumphant” action figure, based on Frank Miller art, for release September of next year. Additional pictures in the link below.

5 Likes

That DST STAS statue sounded interesting. Then I saw the price.

Oh well. Rao bless Internet window shopping at least. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Vroom, yeah they went premium material with that one (polystone instead of pvc). However they did make an animated Superman in their Gallery pvc line a while back (at the usual $40ish price). Not sure what aftermarket prices are now though.

It’s just as well, @moro. I’ll happily settle for McFarlane’s rendition of the STAS Superman instead.

1 Like

Yeah can’t wait to see what they have in store.

2 Likes

Between his first wave and the Lego DC single bag figures, post-Christmas resets can’t come fast enough! :grin:

1 Like

Single bag Lego figures?

Blind-bag figures. Stargirl, Metamorpho, Simon Baz and other characters that escape me ATM.

Word has it they hit on 1/1, and knowing how well Lego sticks to their street dates, I plan on ringing in 2020 with fresh plastic (and hopefully without duplicates).

says “Duplicates wouldn’t be an issue if Lego would use the Imaginext approach with their singles.” to himself

1 Like

A bit more information on that DST Superman. It’s part of a larger Trinity set with connecting bases. Batman has been out for pre-order for some time, with only Wonder Woman left. Looks like they’re standing on top of the Hall of Justice (picture from Toyark SDCC 2019 coverage).

4 Likes

admires expensive shinies from afar

That Wonder Woman statue is a beauty.

1 Like

@Vroom though I’m not a huge fan of Lego, I can see myself chasing down the big 3 to display next to the few more playful figurines I have.

1 Like

I’m excited for this series because of its fantastic character variety. Anything with Metamorpho is a winner!

I lost interest in the single bag figures from The Lego Batman Movie, but this comic inspired set is already a homerun (yes, largely due to Metamorpho’s inclusion :grin:).

2 Likes

@Vroom with all your talk of figure variety, I’d love to one day have a peak at your setup. Have a feeling it’s probably pretty grand :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sideshow is coming out with a new 1/4 Superman Premium Format Figure (i.e. statue). Nice concept, featuring Supes as he does the ol’ costume change.

3 Likes

the spinmasters license has landed!

sean murphy batmobile! rumor is the mcfarlane stuff will be revealed on thursday, but i’m leak-hunting!

3 Likes

Holy flirking schnit, thanks @biff_pow! Me wantee!

I love the $7.99 price point on the 4" figures. I hope they’ll sell for that at Amazon, Target, Walmart and the like (or less, as EE sometimes sells items for a bit more than retail). Plus, they’re loaded with articulation!

12" Harley is rad (and was missing from the 12" Batman Missions line) as are the other 12" figures, especially Shazam!

Thursday is what I’ve seen for a McFarlane reveal as well. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like