DC Collectible News

Julie Madison would be great if they did sort of a Julie/GA Bats/Mad Monk three-pack based on Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #31-32.

But, yeah, not many women figures back then and many of the ones that were produced ended up being shipped sparingly so they would be tough to find. I also had the Batman Returns Catwoman and I had a BTAS Batgirl from a McDonald’s Happy Meal. But… outside of those two I can’t really think of any other DC women I had in my childhood collection. In fact, I think my first Wonder Woman action figure was the 1984 Gold Armor one I bought a few years ago. That’s astounding…

Bruce can keep his “love life” away from my toy collection, thank you very much.

7 Likes

So, when you were a kid and played with Batman Returns figures, you never had Catwoman straddle your Batman, then give him the 'ol “Mistletoe Treatment”?

Not…that…I did. No, sir! Not me! :smirk:

coughs inconspicuously during an awkward silence

What, I was 9! Give me a break! At least I admitted it. :smile:

That play scenario was far more interesting than the 'ol “Catwoman ripped off Shreck’s again! Who’ll stop her? Deep Dive Batman, that’s who!” one did, because after 1,992 instances of that and stuff like it, a boy’s imagination must grow and expand, it must! :grin:

7 Likes

Generally, I used Catwoman as a “good guy” because that’s how I thought of her and because I had more villains than I did female heroes. In absence of Diana, she took that spot on the good team. If any romance happened during those missions, I don’t want to know.

6 Likes

I never thought of it at the time, but a team-up between the Toy Biz Wonder Woman and the Batman Returns Catwoman would have made for a swell play idea on a Saturday afternoon when I was a kid.

Hell, it makes for a great play idea on a Wednesday afternoon as a 40-year-old kid at heart!

I’m going to nab my TB WW and BR CW and do just that…after work is over.

6 Likes

Knightfall Batman (and Two Face Batman) up for pre-order at Amazon!

6 Likes

Sideshow is a giant pain when it comes to legit release dates. UGH!

Me too. This is the last time that I will purchase directly from them. They just take too long to deliver.

I found a seller on eBay who’s taking orders and says it will ship in the middle of June:

We’ll see I guess. :neutral_face:

10 Likes

:laughing:

I would really like a Vicki V. figure from B-Man 89. Preferably in her blue fit from the art gallery sequence:

I’mma snap this one up. :+1:

True but there’s also a gaggle of hardcore super competitive trolls over there who stake their clout on being right about everything so the info/tips/insights tend to be reliable. :+1:

Agreed! :+1:

8 Likes

They could do a “Batman’s Ex-Girlfriends” series!

7 Likes

:laughing: YES.

7d92882e09d9e7509f8b6b9518f9e77d

who-is-julie-madison-in-batman-and-robin

Dawes2

Kyle3

Roll it out McFarlane Toys!
:smile:

8 Likes

Hot Toys teasing The Flash Batsuit collection

7 Likes

THIS or I’ll be forming an army to strike at the heart at Warner Consumer Product’s HQ in Burbank.

@SteveTrevor2.0 @moro

Sad Anon Is Sad

It’s unfair for me to chime in because I’m predisposed to dislike Todd as a creator versus as a business person and executive. I’ll be the first to admit that he’s not been as awful as I expected, for starters. But my anxieties over his, let’s call them, edgelord tendencies have been exceeded and then some. My anxieties over his inability to look beyond the vast unwashed batfan conspiracy of undiluted adverb I cannot type with the word BAT on this site, even though it’s a perfectly appropriate word unless your mind is in the gutter, was also exceeded - and then some.

But I’ll admit, when you parse it like this, it does show an improvement. However, when I look at what DC Direct apparently released, in quantity and quality, just for a Superman/Batman animated movie, Public Enemies, and the Todd just leaves me feeling just like Project Superman felt when they cut his cameo from the forthcoming movie.
Sad Project Superman Is Sad

And thanks for saving me from having to cross-post from reddit, while I napped instead!

7 Likes

:star_struck:
:00_batman_1989: :00_flash:

9 Likes

“Tend to be reliable.” being the operative phrase.

In 27 years of involvement in the online action figure community, I’ve seen more than my share of trolls in the scene.

I don’t care to deal with them anymore (nor have I dealt with them for a very long time, now), so I’ll remain troll-free and just chillax by the Reddit pool, instead.

After all, the Internet has all kinds of hidden pockets (some being delightfully troll-free, to boot) for info, so Reddit thankfully isn’t the only option. :wink:

If it gets me a Chase Meridian figure after 28 years of patiently waiting for one, I am in. :smile:

Being that Arrowverse and adjacent merchandise has, for whatever reason, been extremely limited by Warner Consumer, you might want to prepare for disappointment. :wink:

6 Likes

For the Hot Toys fans in the audience:

7 Likes

I was about to order it, but because I know there is a Collector’s Edition of Action Comics #1 Superman on the way, I figured I’d just wait. This figure is still for sure on my next round of Multiverse orders

5 Likes

:clap:t2: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Isn’t exactly news, but I want to point out that the McFarlane Toy Store website is selling the Super Powers Batwing for $19.99 while that same toy is listed at $29.97 on Wal Mart’s website and (as far as I know) in their stores. Ultimately, I decided not to to order it off McFarlane’s site because the shipping cost would take it over $30 anyway. However, maybe that won’t be an issue for everyone, so I thought I’d mention it…

7 Likes

For a time during its earliest point of retail life, the Batwing was $19.99 at Walmart, as that’s what I paid for mine in August of last year.

Why it jumped to $29.99 is anyone’s guess, but I strongly suspect it was an error on Walmart’s part that, for whatever reason, was never fixed.

$30 is a bit of a stretch for it, but at $20, its a great value and reminiscent of Kenner vehicles that sold at that price point (which is, of course, apropos).

Amazon has the Batwing for $24.99 from a third-party seller. If you’ve Prime, then you’re covered for shipping.

5 Likes

Yeah, the last time I saw it in-store, it was priced at $29.99 (or 97). I think it’s a cool toy, but not a $30.00 toy. When I saw McFarlane’s price, I thought I might have been mistaken, but Wal Mart’s website kind of confirmed it.

I don’t have Prime. So, my current plan is to wait until I pop into a Wal Mart to buy Black Manta and hope it drops in price. If it doesn’t, I’ll make the hard decision between the rush of having a full SP set vs. the knowledge that I’ll feel like I overpaid for a toy that just exists to build Bruce’s ego :laughing:

6 Likes

I just pre-ordered Diana’s invisible jet from McFarlane Toys. They say it’ll be here by the end of June. :+1:

8 Likes