DC Collectible News

Limited to only 69 pieces

6 Likes

I’m envisioning the giant Bane from the HQAS Valentine’s Special as the Collect-a-Figure piece from this series :joy:

7 Likes

I just wanna see Bane presented in a Flashdance thematic

:laughing:

9 Likes

OMG YES. :laughing: :purple_heart:

8 Likes

8 Likes

:laughing: :rofl:

10 Likes

sits back and thinks of the inane complaints he reads in YouTube comment sections and elsewhere online

No! The hell you say. :wink:

1. I’m counting that as a Batman Forever reference.
  • B. The 1993 footage takes me back. :hugs: The first time I stepped foot into TRU was '92, so that part of the video was a nice look back at times past.

• :burrito: The '80 and '86 footage is gold. So much cool stuff on the shelves, then.

That’s what Catwoman sa-

Uh, nevermind.

clears throat

Not pre-ordering that one, but I will snag him at retail or order him online once he’s in-stock at my favorite haunts.

Don’t bet on it. Batman sells and sells well.

Nobody with good business acumen would discount a product that makes money hand over fist, so you can count on Batman being a permanent fixture of the McFarlane oeuvre, just as he has been in very nearly every DC line of the last 3 decades and change.

I don’t understand the “too many Batmans!” gripes when it comes to McFarlane, because there were plenty of Batman figures in assorted lines from assorted companies prior to 2020, when McFarlane Toys took over the collector segment of the DC license.

McFarlane is simply following what makes money (y’know, as all businesses that want to be in business do). He is by no means the first DC licensee to produce an ample amount of Batman variants and/or Batman-related characters. Not by a longshot.

Why you gotta give me nightmare fuel, yo?

7 Likes

:smile: :+1: :batparrot:

9 Likes

Batman Thumbs Up GIF - Batman Thumbs Up Ok GIFs

hears a knock at his door

Look, I told those Witnesses yesterday that the only Watchtower I’ll kick some money to is the one that is DC-related and-

looks out the peephole and sees the following:

Nicole Kidman GIF - Nicole Kidman GIFs

Mercy, hold my calls, please! In fact, just hold everything for today until Monday, m’kay? Thank you.

opens the door and welcomes Chase in

There is a good one.” :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You saying Bruce doesn’t have the legs for it? I don’t think you want me telling him you said that…

7 Likes

:+1:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

7 Likes

makes an unflattering, yet humorous and playful, hand gesture

My Gotham-born Kryptonian legs would rock those fishnets 1,938 times better than Bruce’s legs ever could. Fact! :smile:

That and the DCAU Watchtower, as seen in its one plastic, released in 2004, form:

I have that playset and its among my favorites of the Mattel era.

@TheCosmicMoth On that note, should we chit-chat about favorite playsets?

7 Likes

I love this but it’s WAY too big for my display. If I had this I would be compelled to put a giant Starro on it and display it like he’s attacking it.

:smile:

8 Likes

We can! I didn’t have many DC playsets as a kid, but I had this one:

It ended up being the location for most of my DCU adventures.

The one I currently want the most:

FD690F80-7D07-4D6E-9621-42BDB763F34C

7 Likes

Do what I did: Put it in a corner of your toy room, near this Walmart exclusive beast:

My BvS Batcave is obviously open and on display, but I like to show boxed images for those who may not know of the products we speak of.

Edumuhkayshun is key! :point_up:t2: :smiley:

Say, the McFarlane Starro?

Or…this 2010 SDCC exclusive from Mattel that’s part of their Infinite Heroes line:

The box on the right is the outer box, while this is the back of the main piece:

That set features an audio history of Starro and Brave and The Bold v1 #28 by none other than Kevin Conroy. He recorded the dialogue just for that set.

Neat! I have that one. Its my favorite re-issue of 1992’s Batcave Command Center.

I didn’t have it as a kid, but I do remember seeing it at Target when it came out in '95. I lifted it up, looked the set over and as I put it back on the shelf, I said “Yep, this is my #1 Christmas ask this year.”

That was true until I saw this beast at Toys R Us in November of '95:

That became my #1 for Christmas '95 and “Santa” did indeed deliver it next to our Christmas tree (because there’s no way it would have fit under the tree) that year.

The Hall of Justice was a most-wanted playset for me for a while.

However, with McFarlane’s Super Powers rockin’ and rollin’, I’m holding off on the Kenner piece, as I could see McFarlane doing a version of the HOJ.

Whatever they may do, as long as their set has…

• An elevator.
  • A trap door.
  • A prison cell.

…I’ll be all-in on a McFarlane HOJ.

Speaking of currently-desired Kenner sets, my four eyes have been on this for a while:

Its a re-issue of this set, which came out months prior in the summer of '97:

Lastly, and for any curious, here’s a boxed image of the Batman Forever set Moth highlighted:

7 Likes

I actually saw images of that today while I was searching for images of Starro-face-Flash. It’s a crazy-awesome Starro set, but the pricing on it made me go :grimacing:

It may even be cheaper to go the McFarlane build-a-Starro route.

I had the thought that maybe McFarlane will make their own SP Hall of Justice at some point, and I almost held off on starting my DIY Hall. But… If that does happen, I can always convert my version into the Fortress of Solitude or The Watchtower or something.

6 Likes

Yeah, the prices on that one are pretty wack, yo.

I have the same mentality towards it as I do the SDCC DCUC Lobo: If its an SDCC exclusive that’s well past the 10-year-old mark, I’m going to wait as long as I need to until the prices come down to a reasonable level.

Until then, when I see that set in specialty shops, I’ll push the button Frank, listen to Mr. Conroy’s snazzy mini-history lesson about Starro and TBATB #28, then say “That was fun. Now to look at something I can actually afford.” to myself as I mosey about.

Next year’s the 40th anniversary of Super Powers, so what better time than Christmas 2024 to line Walmart’s shelves with a brand-new HOJ?

I would go sit on a mall Santa’s lap this Christmas and ask for that for next year, but two things:

• Mall Santas often smell of bad cheese and booze, while I do not as I eat fresh cheese and very, very rarely consume alcohol.

• If I sat on their lap, they’d say “Come on kid, get off! You’re too big for this!”, to which I’d reply “May I still have a candy cane, at least?”, to which they would then likely reply “Look, if it gets you off my lap and into Buy Me Toys, where my brother’s the manager, then fine…you can have one of these rinky-dink, Dollar Tree-bought, candy canes.”

Rinky-dink candy cane in-hand, I would then mosey into Buy Me Toys, which is by the mall’s escalator, home to Billy Shervgapuz who is, in fact, “That kid on the escalator!” from Mallrats.

You know, we could really use a “traditional” FOS playset, as the only one we’ve had in the modern era is an Imaginext DC Super Friends piece that hit when Man of Steel was in theaters.

I would post a boxed photo of the set, but both eBay and Google are lacking in good photos of it, ATM.

6 Likes

I would file that under “too kiddie” for my tastes, but it’s definitely something I’d consider purchasing as a birthday gift to indoctrinate one of my nieces into Super-fandom.

Now Mego’s is not accurate, but… I think it’s pretty cool:

Moego FoS

But also WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my price range.

7 Likes

These are super cute.

10 Likes

I was looking for a photo of just the FOS, but that’ll do.

Since its 2008 debut, Imaginext’s DC output has very easily been filed under “Just right for my inner-child.” for my tastes, because I loves me some Imaginext DC.

The line has featured characters that are crime bosses, killer super-villains, assassins, pin-up vamps and more.

Not exactly friendly for the pre-school set (don’t tell those annoying parents groups :shushing_face:), but just right for us kids-at-heart. :slight_smile:

Or modern, but yeah, its neat…for what it was.

7 Likes