DC Collectible News

Look who’s showing up at Walmart (Shazam spoiler FYI):

From Toyark (and of course, they didn’t say what state she was found in).

9 Likes

Her with the staff would’ve been cool. How did I know that if I didn’t see the movie? Gee, I wonder (Pun not intended, btw)…

Looks at WB’s Youtube channel

6 Likes

Indeed. I like the separate tiara, though.

The number of Wonder Woman figures with a tiara that can double as a weapon are few and far between.

Now, the questions are: Does that tiara fit on Diana’s head and how well can she hold it?

I’m hoping the answers are “yes” and “Well-enough to where she can securely hold it in a rad pose.”

7 Likes

If if doesn’t fit on her head, well, you can pose it where she throws it at Billy because he won’t stop asking her out lol. New film idea?

Wonder Woman v. Shazam: Billy Doesn’t Understand “No”

6 Likes

I foresee some folks using it as the basis for a Wizard as Wonder Woman custom.

6 Likes

Ooo- I should get that '66 BatCycle. :+1:

6 Likes

A post in toynewsi answers your first question. This pic reminds me of @biff_pow’s comment a while back about how there’s usually one thing that sticks out in McFarlane’s figures, not in the best way :joy:.

Some more pics from that post, because they’re pretty cool:

More pics at the source:

10 Likes

blinkcanary

(PSA: Hot Dog Legs Wonder Woman is still available on the Walmart website)

(I was so stunned by the above photo that when i went to double check for the Walmart listing i searched “hot dog legs” instead of “multiverse wonder woman”)

7 Likes

Shoot! I knew that was going to happen with the tiara. Me and @Vroom just talked about this yesterday :disappointed:

Other than that, the rest of the figure looks great. Vroom is going to have to go with that idea of WW throwing that tiara at Billy after all :laughing:

9 Likes

guy on Twitter posts that this ostensibly 1/6 scale Batwing by Spinmaster looks like this with 1/10-1/12 scale figures, for just $40

8 Likes

heads up, Amazon is price-matching at least a bunch of the Walmart Multiverse discounts, and i think they might be making mark-downs of their own

so if you’ve been holding off on any particular figure, it might be worth checking out now. (when one store has a sale it tends to grab the Amazon pricing algorithm and give it a big old shake :laughing:)

8 Likes

Huge news! (For me and like maybe two or three other people):

October 3rd is the projected release date for Silver Age Wonder Woman Omnibus Volume 2!

That was supposed to be the release date for Golden Age Volume 5, but I’ll take what I can get. The book is showing for pre-order on Amazon.

Here is the website I check periodically for this sort of thing:

It covers issues 124-149, which includes my favorite cover of all time:

Hope you are excited for this as I am (doubtful :laughing:).

11 Likes

Hopefully, they have done a better job cleaning up some of the Comic Cavalcade and other issues, where it looked like they just took some community members (meaning general DC fans, not this particular community here) preservation scans of paper copies and did absolutely no clean up or ‘remastering’ of the photographs before they released them to the public. Particularly since they had done a nice remastering of the self-titled book for the DC Archive Editions!

8 Likes

Yay! :smiley:
:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

9 Likes

I hit some of my local LCSs a week or so ago, and came across one selling a lot of the circa 2000s era DC Direct toys, on consignment so they were all uniformly overpriced - as you can see from the sticker I left on this. However, I really like the characters when the body size is a bit closer to comic art and while I really like the UNIFORM and COLORS on the action figure release of Mon-El from the New Krypton story-line (even when I don’t like much of that cross-over), I think that particular sculpt is just too brawny to really fit even Mon-El’s character arc in that story and just generally. And it was probably only over-priced by about $10 which is well within my current budget for something like this.

IMG_0780
As some of y’all might remember, I’ve been relentlessly looking in remaindered shops for Dr. Fate, since that is the only toy that I would have even considered purchasing from the vanity project of the wrestler formerly known as Dwayne. And came across this - it’s wood, which is cool, or some form of wood-like laminate? and the front legs can be posed into a punching pose, which is kinda cute, although the included walls look like the cheapest kind of plastic. I’m going to get rid of the pig, I’m a comic book purist at heart and not interested in OCs. And he was only $1.99. I believe it retailed for like $7 - $9?

Fun fact, this particular store (I believe it was a Burlington, can’t remember now, I hit 3-4 stores that day just for toys, in a long day of running around), also had a Steve Rogers from their first team movie that I had just purchased ‘on sale’ from a newish LCS in my actual district in LA, more because I wanted to support a small business. And then I found six of them in the remaindered toy section at this same store for about 60% less than I paid for at the LCS!

9 Likes

Solid gets there @StrangeVisitor. :+1:

8 Likes

Yes, the omnibuses have all been remastered versions. The ones on DCUI are pretty awful (although it is in interesting to see what they actually look like). I remember seeing someone had written on the original comic in one or two of the issues. All of that was removed for the omnibuses.

7 Likes

am i the only one who loves this kind of stuff? :laughing:

6 Likes

electronic The Batman Batmobile with 4" figure 40% off today

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BFZF1CK

5 Likes

I do love the paper scans for looking at the old advertisements and especially with the silver age books, for things like the letter sections. I would love to see someone like Paul Levitz (maybe working with Roy Thomas) do a book or something with the letter columns and have conversations, especially on some of the responses back from editorial, which could be really sassy at times, depending on whom was doing the editorial side of the responses. It’s the kind of thing I was hoping for as content when DCU first launched.

We got a little taste of what that could be like with some of the behind the scenes videos they would sometimes do, but that was more about the modern/current titles or about the adaptations, and I would still love to see more of that, even though that video channel is now gone.

6 Likes