DC Collectible News

Mattel took the Clayface crown for their versions of him in their DC Super Heroes and DC Multiverse lines, but the McFarlane Multiverse iteration looks to be a definite contender for said crown.

3 Likes

alright who told todd about the zombie story

4 Likes

raises hand

No, not really.

Still though, we’re getting Atrocitus as a CTB figure! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

is still hoping for a two-pack of Jess and Simon

3 Likes

_2-MQ1

edit i changed my joke

3 Likes
3 Likes

Nice; seems like McFarlane is going all in for that movie. I can see myself getting a Dwayne Johnson Black Adam figure.

3 Likes

that’s a good point that i hadn’t noticed, this is a fuller wave, like Mattel used to do for movies. i’m in for an Adam and a Hawkman, and i’m looking forward to seeing what Dr Fate looks like!

3 Likes

@DC89 there’s a really cool pin in the new World’s Finest box you might be interested in :eyes:

(his review is mostly complaining about the fact that his box arrived wet, but he shows off the stuff! the Beast Boy toe socks are pretty brilliant, but it also shows the fragility of the mug since the decal’s disintegrating just from getting wet in the box)

edit i just looked and the box is sold out, but you can always find this stuff on ebay

2 Likes

I’m all-in for Black Adam toys as, right now at least, it’s my most-anticipated LA DC movie of the year.

SN: Maybe the oft-rumored new Justice Society ongoing will see the light of day this year? Given how many JSA characters are in Black Adam, it’d make sense.

4 Likes

Give me Hawkman!

3 Likes

clayface looks a little better with his mouth closed

but his face still looks more like the conker’s bad fur day guy to me

artworks-000125051861-d90bbn-t500x500

2 Likes

Agreed, as the world can never have too many Hawkman figures.

My hope is that with Black Adam putting a big spotlight on JSA characters, that will allow McFarlane and others to bring out comic-based versions of movie characters as well as JSA characters that aren’t in the movie.

This has happened before in assorted Marvel movie lines by Hasbro, so there’s certainly no reason Spin Master, McFarlane and others can’t embrace that idea.

The more JSA in plastic, the merrier! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Penguin, with disapproving glare action

6 Likes

:laughing: He’s just bearing witness to how his Spin Master counterpart is thinner, and that he comes with a section of Wayne Manor, Batman, bat-gear and a Batcycle.

His other Spin Master counterpart comes in an Amazon exclusive three-pack with Batman and Catwoman, so he probably feels pretty boned over that too, hence the continued glare.

4 Likes
3 Likes

The Unmasked Batwoman is the big draw of those three for me.

I won’t judge until I see them in-person, but having the Target editions of Inque and Blight, I don’t see a need to get their general retail releases.

I do like that they’re labeled as “Batman Beyond wave 1” however, as I hope that means other characters are coming (Bruce, Max, Jokerz, Curare, a regular Inque, etc.) through the year.

3 Likes

if at some point in the movie Bruce Wayne eats a whole bunch of cake and gets really fat, this figure is a spoiler

3 Likes

I kind of like Rumble Ready Bruce (sorry/not sorry Hasbro’s Rumble Ready Riddler, from 1999), as he’s definitely unlike any other movie-based Bruce figure from the last 30+ years, so he has that going for him.

Which is nice.

The motorcycle is pretty snazzy, too. Maybe Lobo could steal it until his ride comes along…

3 Likes

Does anyone here collect or have experience with Bearbricks? I frequently see them offered on BBTS and Sideshow, with the bigger ones set at high prices. Never quite appealed to me, until I saw these new offerings based on Batman Hush.

4 Likes

For the Funko Pop enthusiasts. The Batman Pops.

4 Likes