DC Collectible News

also nobody judge me for having marvel toys it’s christmas

4 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes

Another day, another not so standard comic Wonder Woman design from McFarlane. Still grabbing this one though.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I was kind of into it, but hesitating due to my experience with another import Superman figure (Mafex Hush). Feels very fragile in hand and not worth the $90 I paid for it. Your post here convinced me to avoid!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas, folks!

5 Likes

merry Christmas!

4 Likes

a little christmas trip down memory lane (not my memory lane – this was before my time :laughing:)

i like that they got batman’s little vinyl cape to billow in the wind! i wonder if the people making these ads had as much fun as i would.

4 Likes

I am in for the Endless Winter wave. In the words of Fraiser Crane, its “quite stylish”.

Nobody’s gonna judge. :nerd_face:

I got my first Marvel toys as part of Christmas 1990. From Penney’s Christmas catalog, it was a four-pack of Captain America, Hulk, Punisher and Spider-Man, from Toy Biz’s Marvel Super Heroes line, which ran alongside their DC Comics Super Heroes line, making Toy Biz one of the very few companies that has produced DC and Marvel toys on a concurrent basis.

Marvel toys at Christmas are just as good as DC toys at Christmas. :santa:

4 Likes

@DC89 Your reasons and more are why I almost always pass on the import figures.

Sure, they look nice, no question.

However, at upwards of (or more than) $100 at minimum, the fragility of these things is pretty pathetic, especially when something five times cheaper looks as good and is able to be posed and moved about without any risk of falling apart.

I know some people in the greater collecting community buy imports just for nose in the air bragging rights, but I’ll stick with figures that are actually durable and worth their asking price.

If an Amazing Yamaguchi Chase Meridian came about though…I might relent and buy it.

#Chaseneedsmerch

3 Likes

and proper Revoltech Superman shots

5 Likes

Yeah so, y’know, ICYMI:

Just thought I’d post these, ‘cuz, I dunno’- maybe check under the couch cushions, your car’s console, or maybe in the dryer for loose change that just might be lying around. :laughing:

DC89 Fun Fact: back when I began my comics collecting journey a NM condition copy of Detective #27 sold at auction (Sotheby’s I think) for $180K, and I thought that was high. Now it’s up for grabs at a cool $3.1M. :eyes: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

8 Likes

gajillion

3 Likes

i forgot to comment, i hope this titan joker signals more Arkham villains! bane and croc are 2 of my most-wanted

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle:
Hey, looks like they even accept checks! Where’s my impulse buying pen? :fountain_pen: :upside_down_face:

x2199shf

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Excited for Titan Joker!

I remember his DC Collectibles iteration, but I never bought any of their Arkham figures, so getting him from Todd’s Crew will be most welcome.

@biff_pow Speaking of Arkham Killer Croc, have you seen this?

Its from Mattel’s 4-inch Multiverse line, but if you’re really wanting an Arkham Croc, he is pretty beefy for the scale.

4 Likes

6 Likes

yay! i was afraid they might be clayface-shy since Mattel’s was so recent, relatively

5 Likes

Yay! We’re getting the second good Mcfarlane Batman figure.

3 Likes