DC Collectible News

@fattyboonbatty Which one? The one with the costume change from Sideshow? I think it’s a great looking piece as well, but prefer Supes in his full costume, especially if buying a very expensive statue.

Came across this picture and would love a Todd Mcfarlane kinda twist as a collectable. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

I’ve heard of some people finding them in target as of last night, i went to my target today and they didn’t have them out yet.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Beat me by 4 minutes! :laughing:

My enthusiasm has been dampened for these a bit

1 Like

So if they’re popping up in stores, does that mean Walmart will start shipping soon? Or are we really stuck with that March shipping date?

2 Likes

I have no info, but I suspect they’ll ship sooner

1 Like

This would serve as excellent fodder for a fishtank style release of TBWL and his minions.

For those unaware, in the late 90’s and early 00’s, McFarlane released select figures from assorted licenses in hard, thick plastic display cases nicknamed “fishtanks”.

They also worked well as multi-figure displays, as well as a way to release large characters too big for traditional packaging. Rogol Zaar would also be perfect for a fishtank release.

3 Likes

Target has at least two exclusives from the Spin Master Batman line right now:

• 4" King Shark
  • 12" Batman and King Shark two-pack

They both look pretty cool, especially the 4" version. I haven’t seen them in person yet, but they’re on eBay.

1 Like

Wait. Wait. Wait. That Target exclusive hammerhead is 12”? That’s amazing. I work with kids and I am obsessed with sharks so toys let me indulge but say “it’s for work?”

And also, “hey don’t touch that!”

1 Like

McFarlane did a Facebook live stream, and there were no new insights or information, except that the plan is to keep doing build -a-batmobiles, and that he wants to hear positives AND negatives from fans

1 Like

He already has my respect. 3 Superman figures in the 1st wave. I’m betting the next one will coincide with WW 84 and be focused on Diana. This Trinity fan would be satisfied :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Swung by three Targets and two Walmarts and bupkis at all of 'em for McFarlane and Spin Master wares.

1 Like

I imagine you spent a good amount of time driving around tonight :slightly_smiling_face:.

My guess is initially they will be somewhat difficult to find, and then once the dust settles we’ll see them regularly in stores. For me personally, I kinda regret pre-ordering from Walmart and not waiting for Amazon, where they’re all currently available, but oh well…that’s excitement for ya!

2 Likes

My buddy did the driving, but yeah, it was a gas, man. :wink:

None of the stores I went to had done their post-Christmas resets yet. I’m thinking end of this week, next at the latest is when resets will happen.

2 Likes

Looks like more figures from Spin Master, including a 6" line with only 3 points of articulation (a la Reaction style). Thanks to @Vroom for bringing these to our attention :slightly_smiling_face:.

Though a more kid friendly aesthetic, I wouldn’t mind making a little army of these standing side by side :joy:.

https://toynewsi.com/dc_comics

1 Like

i canceled my walmart pre-order this morning, so you probably can too! like you’re saying, once the excitement wore off i realized these are unlikely to be as hotly traded as others, like the dcc batman animated series figures

oh, and here’s that mcfarlane video i mentioned earlier Watch Todd McFarlane Show Off His New DC Multiverse Action Figures

1 Like

He’s like a big kid with all those oral sound effects :joy:. Thankfully the figures look pretty good in his video.

To cancel or not to cancel…that is the question.

1 Like

Oh goodness that video was great! Thank you @biff_pow. I was gonna get the bats and sup’s 1000 and armor ones but now because of his hilarious enthusiasm I might get the the batfam ones for the batmobile

2 Likes

The 6" Spin Master figures are more in line with the Mattel figures from assorted lines that showed up at Five Below, Big Lots and the like. The armored Batman looks pretty neat.

Speaking of Reaction, I would love to see Super 7 resume their DC output in that collection. As they’re not making Masters of the Universe product anymore, DC merch of some kind would be a good get for them.

1 Like