DC Characters Ways To Get Around

I found that out yesterday from NightwingArtemis. I want it so bad!!! Thanks for the heads up btw. I’m not huge into those, but if it’s the right characters, I’m in. That’s one of the right characters.

On the topic of pure convenience, I don’t think anything beats a Boom Tube for me. Instantaneous transport anywhere is just really hard to pass up. :slight_smile: Granted, it’s not a pleasant ride…

For riding in style and comfort, I’ll go with Terry’s Batmobile.

1 Like

Excellent choices. Yeah a little nausea from the tubes but eventually you’d be accustomed & Terrys flying Batmobile is too cool to pass up.

That is what I was about to put!

1 Like

Boom Tube, no doubt, 1st choice.

Second choice: Black Beauty from the Green Hornet tv series. Since it crossed over with Batman’66, I say it’s enough of a DC character to count. Beautiful freakin car.

Third choice: The Cosmic Treadmill, the single best prop/gadget of the silver age.

1 Like

The cosmic treadmill. Nice!!! A staple for speedster travel since as far back as I can remember.

1 Like

More Batmobile because I found a really cool picture.

2 Likes

That’s awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

Also, here’s a photograph of another cool transportation method used by a DC hero:

5 Likes

Legion Flight Ring.

5 Likes

SR-71 Blackbird

2 Likes

Pegasus or Flying Horse

1 Like

Legion Cruiser

2 Likes

Oh man. Looks like I’m rereading Legion today. That’s all it takes, yes it’s that easy to send me on a LOSH binge sesh.

1 Like

I wish the Cockrum and Grell stuff was in the DCU Library.

1 Like

I know. I haven’t ever had the opportunity to read those in an actual by the numbers order. Just spaced out & fill in the blanks.

1 Like

I have the Legion Archives Vol 10, 11, & 12 which cover most of it. Vol. 13 is next to impossible to find.

2 Likes

I read all the issues I could from the library pre DCU. Yes, vol 13 is a total mystery to me. Never saw an issue.

1 Like

Slightly off topic,
These Legion Archives books, are they anthologies with issues sequential in a trade paperback format? If so, I wonder if they could be done in the comics section, have volumes defined for a title like that.

1 Like

@DeSade-acolyte Sorry for the late response, I finally dug out my Legion Archives. Yes, they are presented in chronological order, but I think they only include “new” material. At that time the Legion stories were backups in the Superboy title until it became Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes. They also were included with “old” reprints. Below are photos of the table of contents and you can see sometimes the issue numbers are mentioned, sometimes not. Sometimes covers are included, sometimes not. Tell me if this answers your question or if you need more information.

Vol. 10

Vol. 11

Vol. 12

2 Likes