:00_dc_pride_poci:DC Announces 'DC Pride' Anthology Comic to Arrive June 8, and More!:00_dc_pride_poci:

Is there a Cullen and Midnighter story? I haven’t seen that one yet!

8 Likes

They interact a little bit towards the end of Batman & Robin Eternal and Cullen refers to Midnighter as “Scary Gay Batman” while talking about him to his sister, which I just love

9 Likes

That’s awesome. I don’t remember that part of Batman and Robin eternal. I am going to have to re-read it.

8 Likes

There’s a running gag about the contents of Midnighter’s pantry. It is truly the heart of the story. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s, I never thought I’d see myself reflected in the heroes that I idolized… but here we are in more accepting times and I’m happy that all the kids just now discovering comics can see themselves completely represented in this new generation of super heroes. :rainbow:

15 Likes

When my genderfluid transitioning college age kid found out about this they sent me a text with a screenshot of a tweet about it with one word “MOM!”. The excitement in that word just warmed my heart. I am bisexual myself and didn’t come out until well into adulthood, so this is an incredible thing for their generation, and mine too!

14 Likes

Such a sweet moment, and the fact that they felt comfortable, accepted, and loved enough to share the moment with “MOM!” just shows how much of an amazing parent you are. Thank you for sharing this moment with us. :orange_heart: :rainbow_flag:

12 Likes

What about Swamp Thing, Etrigan, and Mogo & Ranx (Lantern planets)?

5 Likes

I hope DC will approve my LGBTQIA… characters some day. I have 2 trans, 1 m2f and 1 f2m as well as a few asexual as well. A few lesbians and gay characters also.

5 Likes

The last time DC released a Pride book was in the wake of the Orlando tragedy and it was co-published with IDW.

I could be wrong about that but if I am correct it was 5 years ago and done out of needless violence. My LCS guy said that he was crying as he read that book. I have a copy on the way to my house even as we speak so I haven’t read it yet but I will make sure to have a box of tissues nearby.

This DC Pride Anthology is coming from a place of what I can only assume and hope is love and acceptance. I am hoping to see some of my favorite characters in fun stories. June seems like it is years away but it is something to look forward to as is Crush and Lobo and the new Poison Ivy book!

14 Likes

OMG, those covers are amazing. It’s going to be an expensive month to get all those variants :star_struck: :money_mouth_face:

10 Likes

Hey @sylor79! Welcome to the community! I’m glad that you’re loving the variant covers for this one :slight_smile:

If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the moderator team!

9 Likes

I think that you bring up a great question about asexual heroes. The only one that I can think of is Connor Hawke aka Green Arrow from the late 90s.

7 Likes

Went into my local shop today and asked them to order the pride variants for me. Looking forward to seeing them IRL! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Me too! Went in and had them order them all for us too! I’m certain they knew we were coming though. My comic shop is great! When my eldest came to them with their new name no one made a mistake even once.

11 Likes

I’m hoping I’ll be able to pick up the regular DC Pride book. The guy told me I could only preorder the regular or the variant. So I chose the variant. He promised he’d sell me a copy of the regular if there were still some on the shelf after it’s release. :confused:

6 Likes

:purple_heart:

4 Likes
6 Likes

I’ve got my copy of the variant DC Pride #1 pre-ordered with the beautiful Harlivy cover! Pride Month can’t come soon enough!

:00_dc_pride:

6 Likes

jealous! im in the process of understanding how to pre-order comics :upside_down_face:

7 Likes