:00_dc_pride_poci:DC Announces 'DC Pride' Anthology Comic to Arrive June 8, and More!:00_dc_pride_poci:

And I guess this confirms it, Dreamer is now making her comics debut! I hope the character lives on!

15 Likes

So far I’ve just seen them responding to the positive comments, which are thankfully growing more

10 Likes

Didn’t realize Klaus Janson was gay until this anthology

10 Likes

As a denizen of the Boise metro sprawl, I really hope DC marketing is working with Boise Pride to get some big ol’ banners and posters put up of that Wonder Girl #2 variant all over town. We finally have a home town hero and this would be a great chance to promote her.

(And, y’know São Paulo, too…)

10 Likes

This looks awesome!! :raised_hands: Someday, hopefully we won’t need anthologies like this, but until then: :purple_heart: Thanx, DC. I’m here for it.
Also… :diamonds::seedling: more, please.
giphy

20 Likes

I’ll always say yes to more representation in Comics! Does that mean more Apollo and Midnighter stories? I miss them so much

I hope more characters come out/are created so that everyone sees themselves in comics. Aromantic characters! Intersex superheroes! People just figuring stuff out! And yeah, give me someone changing their mind. I hope one day there are enough queer characters that I’m unable to have all of them memorized (as I currently do).

Actually you know what? A trans hero who’s afraid to come out to their family in their personal life but goes out at night in a gender affirming identity. Doesnt even have to be a new character, there are plenty of heroes that have secret identities even to us. Sometimes (often) coming out to those closest to you is the hardest part.

17 Likes

Factual facts.

15 Likes

I love Rucka. I hope Lois Lane gets some love. Far Sector is awesome too tho. I haven’t read the others but that Starfire looks amazing!!! I absolutely love Montoya as Question. The Crime Bible is one of my favorite reads on this site. The long reading order that includes it (can’t think of name of the crossover & too lazy to search thru my notebooks) that is. Awesome thread @Mae ty for all the info & love the art too obviously…

12 Likes

Crossing my fingers for an ace character! …Then again, I think there might be only one ace character overall.

11 Likes

I would love to see a series starring Obsidian and Jade (along with their father, Alan Scott) spin out of this issue.

12 Likes

Sounds cool! Definitely going to give it a read when it drops. That said, I don’t know much about the authors and artists behind it. I hope it’s made up of mostly LGBTQ+ members. Obviously, I’m not saying that het or cis people can’t write about LGBT people, in fact they absolutely should. But I think it’s best to leave stories that explicitly deal with what it’s like being a member of the community to be written by people who actually live those experiences.

Idk, not saying I’m 100% right and I’m absolutely open to corrections on this perspective from those more well-informed than I. Just a thought from your friendly neighborhood ally!

13 Likes

Definitely read James Tynion IV Twitter thread about his absolute excitement about this project instead. It is a much better space to hang out to get the positive vibe this project deserves.

9 Likes

Read anything Tom Taylor has written with The Aerie and Wink in it. DCeased Hope At Worlds End or Suicide Squad. He also wrote Injustice Year Zero with a phenomenal representation of many LGBTQ+ characters.

I am a bisexual person with an adult genderfluid kid and Tom Taylor is one of our favorites. As far as I know he is not LGBTQ+. Someone please correct me if I am wrong,

10 Likes

There is one but they are not in the DC Universe. Dreadnaught.

6 Likes

I trust your judgement and insight! I’ve read a few of those stories, so I’m definitely excited to see his work in this anthology. Thanks for the info!

6 Likes

Oh as a non-binary person myself, I only have the kindest words for Tom Taylor’s work! definitely second what warbabe said

10 Likes

I miss Apollo and Midnighter, too, but is it bad if I miss Midnighter and Cullen even more? I would love a deeper dive in to that mentorship type relationship as Cullen grows up (and has to rely less on his sister’s protection as she spends more time as Bluebird).

I would read the hell out of that. It has so much potential.

8 Likes

Hell yeah. Can it be written by Marc Andreyko? And can it heavily feature Damon going around his boring daily life?

8 Likes

It’s really cool that Nicole Maines is writing the Dreamer story. And I am always excited for more Renee Montoya!

12 Likes

I know I’m so proud of her :smile::smile::smile::smile:

10 Likes