:dc: DC Animated Movies 2024 :dc:

The movies announced are Watchmen and Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths.

12 Likes

Watchmen seems to be its own thing but COIE looks like it’s apart of the Tommorrowverse

Overall a smaller slate than normal but still cool. And who knows maybe they’re all two parters :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

Only 2? There are always 3.

Watchmen sounds like a recipe for disaster trying to cram 600 pages in an 85ish minute movie. I predict this will be a Killing Joke type situation but not as bad.

Crisis on Infinite Earths might work, but I hope this is not part of the Tomorrowverse.

5 Likes

Both sound cool! Wonder if crisis will be part of the tomorrow verse or not.

6 Likes

I really hope they do not use Crisis to put the Tomorrowverse into the DCU, but I am worried they will do that killing both universes.

5 Likes

I cannot find anything on that, and in the past they have been quick to call them 2 parters.

4 Likes

I am getting worried Crisis will be used to combine Tomorroverse with the DCU.

5 Likes

I see DC is continuing their mission to test the wrath of Alan Moore. :rofl:

6 Likes

What’s Moore going to do? Say mean things again.

5 Likes

Crisis seems to me like a way to end the Tomorrowverse before Gunn and Safran bring DC’s animated projects going forward in line with the rest of their cinematic universe.

11 Likes

:frowning:

6 Likes

I’m certain that watchmen is gonna be awful but crisis on infinite earths might be good.

8 Likes

Finally, I always wanted to see a continuation of this:

5 Likes

Even if he does, no one’s going to listen to the Santa with dementia.

6 Likes

I’m sure the Cult Leader’s minions will be sure to tell you that, even before the first stills have seen the light of day, much less before the first teaser or full on trailer drops. I just don’t think it’s necessary. I would rather, especially if the Authority is going to be set up existing, that they do something Wildstorm related, if not the Authority itself, Because Gunn, then something in that universe that would at least explain or setup the culture and environment that had Wildstorm existing and creating titles like Authority, Gen 13, Stormwatch, etc. I really expected when Lee took on the COO position, since part of the mandate for that position is to help getting comic book intellectual property exploited, not just as toys and other licensed product, but also as adaptations, whether we’re talking live action or animated, and nothing really came of Lee’s direct involvement. Like he simply reacted and never made any attempts (contrary to what Johns spent his entire tenure doing) to propose any IP exploitation.

Possible, although I hope there is still a less connected thread between the animated stuff and whatever Gunn is doing.

Connecting the very few animated things on Disney Plus works for what the MCU is doing because Marvel Studios literally had very little animated going on, besides whatever Spidey cartoon was pushed out for kids. But DC has always had a very vibrant and healthy animated output that existed and was profitable, on both CN, other cable and even occasionally on linear, DVD sales and otherwise, outside and totally distinct from whatever was going on in the DCW or other animated output (save for Vixen and the Ray, and the retroactively assigned to the DCW, Constantine), and definitely outside the other live action TV and theatrical stuff.

Probably because we’re getting S2 of My Adventures With Superman as well as the Batman show on Prime, the second part of the RWBY movie, and Creature Commandos, and possibly/hopefully even get another “Elseworld” DVD/movie project that wasn’t announced, and that’s probably enough spending for the DISCO suits, even if Prime is picking up the Bat budget, and two of these were already committed expenses.

3 Likes

The timing feels weird. I mean it is SDCC so that part makes sense. But with a writing and acting strike going on, how can they promise two movies in 2024? I suppose its possible that all that’s left is editing but pretty surprising to here this regardless

5 Likes

Let’s goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :metal::stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Make up your damn mind papa smurf :joy:

7 Likes

I don’t really like either of these announcements.

8 Likes

I just want some sort of redemption for this monstrosity.

7 Likes